May 28, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Sabean personally scouted the Triple-A club last week, he said top
prospect Buster Posey has really improved and the decision to promote
him is day-to-day at this point.
Sabean said there is a realistic chance, with Edgar Renteria and Mark
DeRosa out for the time being, that Posey could be recalled to play
first base and Aubrey Huff could move to left field.
It’s been easy to beat up Sabean over his seeming reluctance to give Posey a chance, but based on this sudden change of heart, one can’t help but think that Sabean was simply far more committed to pretending that Posey’s situation isn’t being dictated by service time than most other GMs are.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)