May 28, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Sabean personally scouted the Triple-A club last week, he said top
prospect Buster Posey has really improved and the decision to promote
him is day-to-day at this point.
Sabean said there is a realistic chance, with Edgar Renteria and Mark
DeRosa out for the time being, that Posey could be recalled to play
first base and Aubrey Huff could move to left field.
It’s been easy to beat up Sabean over his seeming reluctance to give Posey a chance, but based on this sudden change of heart, one can’t help but think that Sabean was simply far more committed to pretending that Posey’s situation isn’t being dictated by service time than most other GMs are.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)