May 28, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Sabean personally scouted the Triple-A club last week, he said top
prospect Buster Posey has really improved and the decision to promote
him is day-to-day at this point.
Sabean said there is a realistic chance, with Edgar Renteria and Mark
DeRosa out for the time being, that Posey could be recalled to play
first base and Aubrey Huff could move to left field.
It’s been easy to beat up Sabean over his seeming reluctance to give Posey a chance, but based on this sudden change of heart, one can’t help but think that Sabean was simply far more committed to pretending that Posey’s situation isn’t being dictated by service time than most other GMs are.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)