May 28, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Sabean personally scouted the Triple-A club last week, he said top
prospect Buster Posey has really improved and the decision to promote
him is day-to-day at this point.
Sabean said there is a realistic chance, with Edgar Renteria and Mark
DeRosa out for the time being, that Posey could be recalled to play
first base and Aubrey Huff could move to left field.
It’s been easy to beat up Sabean over his seeming reluctance to give Posey a chance, but based on this sudden change of heart, one can’t help but think that Sabean was simply far more committed to pretending that Posey’s situation isn’t being dictated by service time than most other GMs are.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)