May 28, 2010, 5:42 PM EDT
Sabean personally scouted the Triple-A club last week, he said top
prospect Buster Posey has really improved and the decision to promote
him is day-to-day at this point.
Sabean said there is a realistic chance, with Edgar Renteria and Mark
DeRosa out for the time being, that Posey could be recalled to play
first base and Aubrey Huff could move to left field.
It’s been easy to beat up Sabean over his seeming reluctance to give Posey a chance, but based on this sudden change of heart, one can’t help but think that Sabean was simply far more committed to pretending that Posey’s situation isn’t being dictated by service time than most other GMs are.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 38
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 66
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)