May 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
This isn’t exactly Earth-shattering news, but I’ve beaten up on Charlie Morton lately, so I feel obligated to note that he was put on the disabled list today, suggesting that his issues have been the result of a physical problem as opposed to him simply, you know, sucking. The official explanation is “shoulder fatigue.” Which I suppose could mean that he is simply sucking, but let’s give the kid the benefit of the doubt here.
Morton is 1-9 with a 9.35 ERA this season. The Pirates are 20-28 overall, but they’re a .500 team when Morton doesn’t start. I’m assuming this DL stint will, in addition to taking Morton out of the running to join the Mike Maroth 20-loss All-Stars, help the Pirates a great deal as well.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)