May 28, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
This isn’t exactly Earth-shattering news, but I’ve beaten up on Charlie Morton lately, so I feel obligated to note that he was put on the disabled list today, suggesting that his issues have been the result of a physical problem as opposed to him simply, you know, sucking. The official explanation is “shoulder fatigue.” Which I suppose could mean that he is simply sucking, but let’s give the kid the benefit of the doubt here.
Morton is 1-9 with a 9.35 ERA this season. The Pirates are 20-28 overall, but they’re a .500 team when Morton doesn’t start. I’m assuming this DL stint will, in addition to taking Morton out of the running to join the Mike Maroth 20-loss All-Stars, help the Pirates a great deal as well.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)