May 28, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
Curtis Granderson was activated by the Yankees today and that means that the Bombers had to make a roster move. The move: Designating Randy Winn for assignment.
Winn has been pretty terrible for the Yankees, hitting a mere .213/.300/.295 in 71 plate appearances. Based on the response from the Twitterverse, Yankees fans are overwhelmingly behind the idea of saying goodbye to Winn.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)