The Yankees designate Randy Winn for assignment

May 28, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT

Curtis Granderson was activated by the Yankees today and that means that the Bombers had to make a roster move. The move: Designating Randy Winn for assignment.

Winn has been pretty terrible for the Yankees, hitting a mere .213/.300/.295 in 71 plate appearances.  Based on the response from the Twitterverse, Yankees fans are overwhelmingly behind the idea of saying goodbye to Winn.

1. Pistol - May 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM

First off Randy Winn is a good person and a team player , but he seemed to lose it overnight . He was always a good defensive outfielder , but I saw him misplay balls , and let balls go over his head . He was looking lost at the plate, and it wasn’t looking like it was going to get better for him. I hope for his sake someone picks him up , maybe with more playing time he would feel more comfortable in the field and at the plate . Good luck to him .

2. Paul Martin - May 29, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Who cares! Another useless New York bias Yankee posting.

3. lanny - May 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Sounds like another disgruntled Blosox posting . The reason you don’t see much print about the Blosox is no one likes their act outside of Blotown , jerk-off.

4. Paul Martin - May 29, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Dear Lanny
    If you are going to use mild profanity to try to dump on someone, kindly get their team right. I am a Jays fan. I am totally amazed by the New York bias of the mainstream US media. There are 28 other teams out there. Randy Winn is not worth commenting on.
    Paul

5. Honest Abe - May 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Randy Winn is not worth commenting on.

And Lanny/Nasty Boy is not worth commenting to. He believes it is uproariously funny to utter the term Blosox. He has no clue that it is tiresome and juvenile. He has the mind of a 9-year old.

6. YANKEES1996 - May 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM

lanny, there is the reason Mr. Martin is such an unhappy person he is a Jays fan, How many years since they finished at the top of the division?

7. Paul Martin - May 29, 2010 at 6:00 PM

The NY moneybags got hammered by the lowly Indians today. The Jays are only a game behind the media darling NY Millionaires.

8. Pisano - May 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Talk about sour grapes ! I can’t understand people like you . I’m an Angel fan , so if the Angels put the money they make back into the team are they to be scorned for doing so ? I have no idea what the Jays money situation is , and I could care less . There’s a saying:”It takes money to make money” You sound like a good Obama democrat, where people should be penalized for having money . Sir,you are an idiot.

9. uncle jumpy - May 29, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I hate to be the one to tell you the bad news , but your Jays and the Red Sox will be in a race for third and fourth . The Rays and your boys the Yankees will settle the AL east. I’m sure you’ll hate the winner . You sound like a warm person.

10. Paul Martin - May 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Hey Pisano! What is an Obama democrat? I am a Canadian and vote for the Conservative Party of Canada. The Yankees and Red Sox have been big spenders and have little to show for it this year. Perhaps they need a federal bailout. Don’t get me going on the mistakes made by the current Angels GM. Stoneman was much better, but then Stoneman got his start in Montreal.
    Keep smiling and think carefully before you comment again.
    Cheers!

11. lanny - May 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

If I have the mind of a nine year old , that makes you a near idiot. I didn’t want to hurt your feelings by calling you a complete idiot .

12. Pisano - May 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

With the statement about Stoneman , I rest my case about you being an idiot , Stoneman was the worst Gm the Angels ever had . Yes , he got his start in Montreal , the guy was terrible. I still say your an idiot , and your reply proves it .

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3751)