May 28, 2010, 4:13 PM EDT
Curtis Granderson was activated by the Yankees today and that means that the Bombers had to make a roster move. The move: Designating Randy Winn for assignment.
Winn has been pretty terrible for the Yankees, hitting a mere .213/.300/.295 in 71 plate appearances. Based on the response from the Twitterverse, Yankees fans are overwhelmingly behind the idea of saying goodbye to Winn.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)