May 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EST
Andre Ethier played seven innings in the field and was 1-for-2 with two walks in his first minor league rehab game with Triple-A Albuquerque on Friday night, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Ethier is expected to complete his brief rehab stint on Saturday before being activated from the disabled list for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Ethier is currently rehabbing a fracture at the tip of his right pinkie finger suffered during batting practice two weeks ago. He is batting .392/.457/.744 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI and 25 runs scored over his first 38 games this season. Even with two weeks off, Ethier is currently third in the league in RBI and tied for second in home runs.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)