May 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Andre Ethier played seven innings in the field and was 1-for-2 with two walks in his first minor league rehab game with Triple-A Albuquerque on Friday night, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Ethier is expected to complete his brief rehab stint on Saturday before being activated from the disabled list for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Ethier is currently rehabbing a fracture at the tip of his right pinkie finger suffered during batting practice two weeks ago. He is batting .392/.457/.744 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI and 25 runs scored over his first 38 games this season. Even with two weeks off, Ethier is currently third in the league in RBI and tied for second in home runs.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)