May 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Andre Ethier played seven innings in the field and was 1-for-2 with two walks in his first minor league rehab game with Triple-A Albuquerque on Friday night, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Ethier is expected to complete his brief rehab stint on Saturday before being activated from the disabled list for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Ethier is currently rehabbing a fracture at the tip of his right pinkie finger suffered during batting practice two weeks ago. He is batting .392/.457/.744 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI and 25 runs scored over his first 38 games this season. Even with two weeks off, Ethier is currently third in the league in RBI and tied for second in home runs.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)