May 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EST
Andre Ethier played seven innings in the field and was 1-for-2 with two walks in his first minor league rehab game with Triple-A Albuquerque on Friday night, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Ethier is expected to complete his brief rehab stint on Saturday before being activated from the disabled list for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Ethier is currently rehabbing a fracture at the tip of his right pinkie finger suffered during batting practice two weeks ago. He is batting .392/.457/.744 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI and 25 runs scored over his first 38 games this season. Even with two weeks off, Ethier is currently third in the league in RBI and tied for second in home runs.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 8
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 30
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 92
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 44
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (97)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)