May 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
Andre Ethier played seven innings in the field and was 1-for-2 with two walks in his first minor league rehab game with Triple-A Albuquerque on Friday night, according to Tony Jackson of ESPNLosAngeles.com.
Ethier is expected to complete his brief rehab stint on Saturday before being activated from the disabled list for Monday’s game against the Diamondbacks.
Ethier is currently rehabbing a fracture at the tip of his right pinkie finger suffered during batting practice two weeks ago. He is batting .392/.457/.744 with 11 home runs, 38 RBI and 25 runs scored over his first 38 games this season. Even with two weeks off, Ethier is currently third in the league in RBI and tied for second in home runs.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)