May 29, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: Great news. According to Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com, a CT scan on Huff came back negative. He’ll remain at the hospital for a few hours for precautionary observation.
2:44 PM: According to the team’s Twitter feed, Huff was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital. The good news is that he never lost consciousness and did not suffer any memory loss.
2:05 PM: David Huff was carted off the field on Saturday afternoon after being struck in the head by an Alex Rodriguez line-drive in the third inning, according to Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com.
The ball appeared to hit Huff on the left side of his head, just next to the Indians logo. Rodriguez was visibly disturbed once he realized Huff was hit by the ball rounding first base, putting his hands on his head and walking towards the mound. In a truly powerful moment, Huff gave a thumbs-up to the crowd as the cart drove off the field.
Let’s just hope everything is okay. We’ll pass along an update when we get it.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)