May 29, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
UPDATE: Great news. According to Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com, a CT scan on Huff came back negative. He’ll remain at the hospital for a few hours for precautionary observation.
2:44 PM: According to the team’s Twitter feed, Huff was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital. The good news is that he never lost consciousness and did not suffer any memory loss.
2:05 PM: David Huff was carted off the field on Saturday afternoon after being struck in the head by an Alex Rodriguez line-drive in the third inning, according to Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com.
The ball appeared to hit Huff on the left side of his head, just next to the Indians logo. Rodriguez was visibly disturbed once he realized Huff was hit by the ball rounding first base, putting his hands on his head and walking towards the mound. In a truly powerful moment, Huff gave a thumbs-up to the crowd as the cart drove off the field.
Let’s just hope everything is okay. We’ll pass along an update when we get it.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 238
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (243)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)