May 29, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: Great news. According to Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com, a CT scan on Huff came back negative. He’ll remain at the hospital for a few hours for precautionary observation.
2:44 PM: According to the team’s Twitter feed, Huff was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital. The good news is that he never lost consciousness and did not suffer any memory loss.
2:05 PM: David Huff was carted off the field on Saturday afternoon after being struck in the head by an Alex Rodriguez line-drive in the third inning, according to Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com.
The ball appeared to hit Huff on the left side of his head, just next to the Indians logo. Rodriguez was visibly disturbed once he realized Huff was hit by the ball rounding first base, putting his hands on his head and walking towards the mound. In a truly powerful moment, Huff gave a thumbs-up to the crowd as the cart drove off the field.
Let’s just hope everything is okay. We’ll pass along an update when we get it.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)