May 29, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Padilla was accused of a domestic violence incident. However, the Denver Police found no evidence that Padilla had actually committed a crime, said spokeswoman Det. Leslie Branche-Wise. No arrests were made and the investigation has concluded.
3:02 PM: According to CBS4 in Denver, police are investigating allegations against Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla.
Police will not confirm what the allegations are or who made them, but officers were called to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Denver early Saturday morning.
A news conference is planned for 4 pm MT (7pm ET) for a briefing on the allegations.
Padilla, who is currently on the disabled list with a forearm injury, was scheduled to throw a simulated game at Coors Field on Saturday.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 79
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful