May 29, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Padilla was accused of a domestic violence incident. However, the Denver Police found no evidence that Padilla had actually committed a crime, said spokeswoman Det. Leslie Branche-Wise. No arrests were made and the investigation has concluded.
3:02 PM: According to CBS4 in Denver, police are investigating allegations against Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla.
Police will not confirm what the allegations are or who made them, but officers were called to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Denver early Saturday morning.
A news conference is planned for 4 pm MT (7pm ET) for a briefing on the allegations.
Padilla, who is currently on the disabled list with a forearm injury, was scheduled to throw a simulated game at Coors Field on Saturday.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17