May 29, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Padilla was accused of a domestic violence incident. However, the Denver Police found no evidence that Padilla had actually committed a crime, said spokeswoman Det. Leslie Branche-Wise. No arrests were made and the investigation has concluded.
3:02 PM: According to CBS4 in Denver, police are investigating allegations against Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla.
Police will not confirm what the allegations are or who made them, but officers were called to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Denver early Saturday morning.
A news conference is planned for 4 pm MT (7pm ET) for a briefing on the allegations.
Padilla, who is currently on the disabled list with a forearm injury, was scheduled to throw a simulated game at Coors Field on Saturday.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)