May 29, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Padilla was accused of a domestic violence incident. However, the Denver Police found no evidence that Padilla had actually committed a crime, said spokeswoman Det. Leslie Branche-Wise. No arrests were made and the investigation has concluded.
3:02 PM: According to CBS4 in Denver, police are investigating allegations against Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla.
Police will not confirm what the allegations are or who made them, but officers were called to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Denver early Saturday morning.
A news conference is planned for 4 pm MT (7pm ET) for a briefing on the allegations.
Padilla, who is currently on the disabled list with a forearm injury, was scheduled to throw a simulated game at Coors Field on Saturday.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)