May 29, 2010, 6:28 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Padilla was accused of a domestic violence incident. However, the Denver Police found no evidence that Padilla had actually committed a crime, said spokeswoman Det. Leslie Branche-Wise. No arrests were made and the investigation has concluded.
3:02 PM: According to CBS4 in Denver, police are investigating allegations against Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla.
Police will not confirm what the allegations are or who made them, but officers were called to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown Denver early Saturday morning.
A news conference is planned for 4 pm MT (7pm ET) for a briefing on the allegations.
Padilla, who is currently on the disabled list with a forearm injury, was scheduled to throw a simulated game at Coors Field on Saturday.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 59
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11