May 30, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier finished up a minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, going 2-for-3 for Triple-A Albuquerque, and is set to rejoin the big league club on Monday night in Arizona. Or so says ESPN Los Angeles’ Tony Jackson.
Ethier, 28, has been on the disabled list since May 18 with a fracture at the tip of his pinkie finger. He was scorching hot offensively before the injury and will try to pick up right where he left off against the Diamondbacks on Monday night.
The former Arizona State Sun Devil was batting a ridiculous .392/.457/.744 through 33 games with 11 home runs and 38 RBI. The Dodgers have won only five of their last 10 games without him and still trail the Padres by two games in the National League West standings.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)