May 30, 2010, 8:23 AM EST
Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier finished up a minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, going 2-for-3 for Triple-A Albuquerque, and is set to rejoin the big league club on Monday night in Arizona. Or so says ESPN Los Angeles’ Tony Jackson.
Ethier, 28, has been on the disabled list since May 18 with a fracture at the tip of his pinkie finger. He was scorching hot offensively before the injury and will try to pick up right where he left off against the Diamondbacks on Monday night.
The former Arizona State Sun Devil was batting a ridiculous .392/.457/.744 through 33 games with 11 home runs and 38 RBI. The Dodgers have won only five of their last 10 games without him and still trail the Padres by two games in the National League West standings.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (135)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)