May 30, 2010, 8:23 AM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier finished up a minor league rehab assignment on Saturday night, going 2-for-3 for Triple-A Albuquerque, and is set to rejoin the big league club on Monday night in Arizona. Or so says ESPN Los Angeles’ Tony Jackson.
Ethier, 28, has been on the disabled list since May 18 with a fracture at the tip of his pinkie finger. He was scorching hot offensively before the injury and will try to pick up right where he left off against the Diamondbacks on Monday night.
The former Arizona State Sun Devil was batting a ridiculous .392/.457/.744 through 33 games with 11 home runs and 38 RBI. The Dodgers have won only five of their last 10 games without him and still trail the Padres by two games in the National League West standings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 162
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)