May 30, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
Roy Halladay kept the hat, jersey, ball, lineup card and pitching rubber from his perfect game Saturday against the Marlins, according to Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com. He also received a call from vice president Joe Biden after the game, writes the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Matt Gelb. Oh, and he showed up to the ballpark at 8:30am this morning, ready to do side work and prepare for his next scheduled start.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42