May 31, 2010, 3:42 PM EST
Derek Jeter had a couple of hits in today’s Yankees-Indians game, but he left this one a few minutes ago with a tight hamstring. No word if it’s serious, but it wasn’t totally apparent why he left the game at the time, so it would appear not.
The Yankees are doing just fine without him, by the way, leading 8-1 in the top of the eighth. Four of those runs courtesy of an Alex Rodriguez grand slam.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 70
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)