May 31, 2010, 3:42 PM EDT
Derek Jeter had a couple of hits in today’s Yankees-Indians game, but he left this one a few minutes ago with a tight hamstring. No word if it’s serious, but it wasn’t totally apparent why he left the game at the time, so it would appear not.
The Yankees are doing just fine without him, by the way, leading 8-1 in the top of the eighth. Four of those runs courtesy of an Alex Rodriguez grand slam.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)