May 31, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
I love a cheap laugh, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Derrick Goold provides a couple for us today.
He’s in Chicago, and he took pictures of the famous Wrigley Field marquee in mid-message. They can be seen here (scroll down). Taken out of context, a couple of them provide some pretty sharp commentary on the state of the Cubs.
I love “Apply today!” I bet I can hit almost as good as Aramis Ramirez can at the moment.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 21
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 22
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)