May 31, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
I love a cheap laugh, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Derrick Goold provides a couple for us today.
He’s in Chicago, and he took pictures of the famous Wrigley Field marquee in mid-message. They can be seen here (scroll down). Taken out of context, a couple of them provide some pretty sharp commentary on the state of the Cubs.
I love “Apply today!” I bet I can hit almost as good as Aramis Ramirez can at the moment.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)