May 31, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
I love a cheap laugh, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Derrick Goold provides a couple for us today.
He’s in Chicago, and he took pictures of the famous Wrigley Field marquee in mid-message. They can be seen here (scroll down). Taken out of context, a couple of them provide some pretty sharp commentary on the state of the Cubs.
I love “Apply today!” I bet I can hit almost as good as Aramis Ramirez can at the moment.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 46
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)