May 31, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
I love a cheap laugh, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Derrick Goold provides a couple for us today.
He’s in Chicago, and he took pictures of the famous Wrigley Field marquee in mid-message. They can be seen here (scroll down). Taken out of context, a couple of them provide some pretty sharp commentary on the state of the Cubs.
I love “Apply today!” I bet I can hit almost as good as Aramis Ramirez can at the moment.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 40
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 29
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 78
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week (80)