May 31, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
Dexter Fowler was supposed to be a speedy part of the Rockies’ complete outfield this year, but so far he’s not cutting it –.216/.327/.317– so Colorado sent him down to Colorado Springs this morning.
Fowler has basically been a fifth outfielder for the Rockies of late. After making the jump from Double A to the majors last year, some time and some regular at bats with the Sky Sox — one of the best team names in baseball, by the way — is probably a good idea.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23