May 31, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler was supposed to be a speedy part of the Rockies’ complete outfield this year, but so far he’s not cutting it –.216/.327/.317– so Colorado sent him down to Colorado Springs this morning.
Fowler has basically been a fifth outfielder for the Rockies of late. After making the jump from Double A to the majors last year, some time and some regular at bats with the Sky Sox — one of the best team names in baseball, by the way — is probably a good idea.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)