May 31, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler was supposed to be a speedy part of the Rockies’ complete outfield this year, but so far he’s not cutting it –.216/.327/.317– so Colorado sent him down to Colorado Springs this morning.
Fowler has basically been a fifth outfielder for the Rockies of late. After making the jump from Double A to the majors last year, some time and some regular at bats with the Sky Sox — one of the best team names in baseball, by the way — is probably a good idea.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)