May 31, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler was supposed to be a speedy part of the Rockies’ complete outfield this year, but so far he’s not cutting it –.216/.327/.317– so Colorado sent him down to Colorado Springs this morning.
Fowler has basically been a fifth outfielder for the Rockies of late. After making the jump from Double A to the majors last year, some time and some regular at bats with the Sky Sox — one of the best team names in baseball, by the way — is probably a good idea.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 95
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (95)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)