May 31, 2010, 5:15 PM EST
This is the sort of thing for which the Internet was invented: cataloging all of the Yankees and Mets references in the history of “Seinfeld” and naming the top moments for each team within the show’s universe. Here’s the Mets. Here’s the Yankees.
For what it’s worth, I think that despite all of the great Yankees stuff due to George’s job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, the Mets got way better comedy moments in the series thanks to the magic loogie and the whole Keith Hernandez story arc.
But then again, I’ve always been a NL guy.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 17
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 59
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)