May 31, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
This is the sort of thing for which the Internet was invented: cataloging all of the Yankees and Mets references in the history of “Seinfeld” and naming the top moments for each team within the show’s universe. Here’s the Mets. Here’s the Yankees.
For what it’s worth, I think that despite all of the great Yankees stuff due to George’s job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, the Mets got way better comedy moments in the series thanks to the magic loogie and the whole Keith Hernandez story arc.
But then again, I’ve always been a NL guy.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 0
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)