May 31, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
This is the sort of thing for which the Internet was invented: cataloging all of the Yankees and Mets references in the history of “Seinfeld” and naming the top moments for each team within the show’s universe. Here’s the Mets. Here’s the Yankees.
For what it’s worth, I think that despite all of the great Yankees stuff due to George’s job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, the Mets got way better comedy moments in the series thanks to the magic loogie and the whole Keith Hernandez story arc.
But then again, I’ve always been a NL guy.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)