May 31, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
This is the sort of thing for which the Internet was invented: cataloging all of the Yankees and Mets references in the history of “Seinfeld” and naming the top moments for each team within the show’s universe. Here’s the Mets. Here’s the Yankees.
For what it’s worth, I think that despite all of the great Yankees stuff due to George’s job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, the Mets got way better comedy moments in the series thanks to the magic loogie and the whole Keith Hernandez story arc.
But then again, I’ve always been a NL guy.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)