The Yankees vs. the Mets: "Seinfeld" edition

May 31, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT

This is the sort of thing for which the Internet was invented: cataloging all of the Yankees and Mets references in the history of “Seinfeld” and naming the top moments for each team within the show’s universe.  Here’s the Mets. Here’s the Yankees.

For what it’s worth, I think that despite all of the great Yankees stuff due to George’s job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, the Mets got way better comedy moments in the series thanks to the magic loogie and the whole Keith Hernandez story arc.

But then again, I’ve always been a NL guy.

1. YankeesfanLen - May 31, 2010 at 5:47 PM

These are some great memories, I’m surprised George dragging the World Series trophy behind his car or Steinbrenner sending him to Cuba aren’t mentioned.
    Usually don’t hang around ESPNNewYork for fear Ian O’Connor will show up
    Very good baseball day, congrts to the Braves.

2. Greg - May 31, 2010 at 6:16 PM

John Flaherty had a 2 home run game? Who knew!

3. GimmeSomeSteel - May 31, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I’m not sure who lives more in the past–“Seinfeld” fans, Dallas Cowboy fans, Raider fans, 70s/80s rock band fans, Republicans…

4. Ditto - May 31, 2010 at 6:55 PM

“But then again, I’ve always been a NL guy.”
    Except, of course, when you were an AL guy (Detroit Tigers?)

5. Craig Calcaterra - May 31, 2010 at 6:57 PM

That was when I was a boy and it was an inherited rooting interest. Once I was able to make my own choices (age 12 or so)I chose the NL.

6. Ditto - May 31, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Sometimes, a parent’s guidance should be respected and followed…

7. Paul Martin - May 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Grow up Craig. Another useless New York biased post that has nothing to do with baseball. Your mother really did know best. Children like you should be seen and not heard.

8. BC - May 31, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Think about how I feel living in Connecticut, between the “Nation” and the “Universe”.
    I liken the Mets to a nebula, or asterism… something way out there…
    Note I did not use the obvious “black hole” Mets reference.

9. George Steinbrenner - May 31, 2010 at 10:19 PM

My people kept telling me, “Ken Phelps! Ken Phelps!”.

10. James - May 31, 2010 at 11:41 PM

classic

11. Moses Green - Jun 1, 2010 at 6:17 AM

The magic loogie was amazing, but I’m still going to have to go with George hiring a carpenter to put a shelf under his desk so he can have an alarm clock there for his naps.

Patience finally paying off for Royals fans
  1. R. Castillo (3086)