Jun 1, 2010, 6:12 PM EDT
I’ve said plenty of unkind things about Darin Erstad the ballplayer over the past several years, but there’s certainly never been an issue with Darin Ersad the person.
As the Orange County Register pointed out today, Erstad currently has a charity auction up on ebay, with several items ending Wednesday night and others expiring later this week. 100 percent of final sale price will support the Child Abuse Prevention Center in Orange, California.
Not only is a great cause, but there’s some particularly cool memorabilia involved, including one of Erstad’s Gold Gloves (autographed), a baseball signed by the 2000 American League All-Star team and a Mariano Rivera autographed jersey. Plus, even many of the single-player signed baseballs have some special notation, like Roy Halladay signing his with a “CY 03.”
Even if you don’t have any excess cash laying about, it’s worth checking out. Me, I have a couple of items scoped out as potential Father’s Day presents.
- Major League Baseball needs to shift the All-Star week schedule 20
- Futures Game lineups: Team USA vs. Team World 6
- Braves suspend Dan Uggla one game for being extremely tardy on Saturday in Chicago 25
- Cliff Lee on track to return to Phillies’ rotation July 21 3
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 22
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 8
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (192)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)