Jun 1, 2010, 6:12 PM EST
I’ve said plenty of unkind things about Darin Erstad the ballplayer over the past several years, but there’s certainly never been an issue with Darin Ersad the person.
As the Orange County Register pointed out today, Erstad currently has a charity auction up on ebay, with several items ending Wednesday night and others expiring later this week. 100 percent of final sale price will support the Child Abuse Prevention Center in Orange, California.
Not only is a great cause, but there’s some particularly cool memorabilia involved, including one of Erstad’s Gold Gloves (autographed), a baseball signed by the 2000 American League All-Star team and a Mariano Rivera autographed jersey. Plus, even many of the single-player signed baseballs have some special notation, like Roy Halladay signing his with a “CY 03.”
Even if you don’t have any excess cash laying about, it’s worth checking out. Me, I have a couple of items scoped out as potential Father’s Day presents.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)