Jun 1, 2010, 6:12 PM EDT
I’ve said plenty of unkind things about Darin Erstad the ballplayer over the past several years, but there’s certainly never been an issue with Darin Ersad the person.
As the Orange County Register pointed out today, Erstad currently has a charity auction up on ebay, with several items ending Wednesday night and others expiring later this week. 100 percent of final sale price will support the Child Abuse Prevention Center in Orange, California.
Not only is a great cause, but there’s some particularly cool memorabilia involved, including one of Erstad’s Gold Gloves (autographed), a baseball signed by the 2000 American League All-Star team and a Mariano Rivera autographed jersey. Plus, even many of the single-player signed baseballs have some special notation, like Roy Halladay signing his with a “CY 03.”
Even if you don’t have any excess cash laying about, it’s worth checking out. Me, I have a couple of items scoped out as potential Father’s Day presents.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 9
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 15
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 35
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)