Jun 1, 2010, 6:12 PM EDT
I’ve said plenty of unkind things about Darin Erstad the ballplayer over the past several years, but there’s certainly never been an issue with Darin Ersad the person.
As the Orange County Register pointed out today, Erstad currently has a charity auction up on ebay, with several items ending Wednesday night and others expiring later this week. 100 percent of final sale price will support the Child Abuse Prevention Center in Orange, California.
Not only is a great cause, but there’s some particularly cool memorabilia involved, including one of Erstad’s Gold Gloves (autographed), a baseball signed by the 2000 American League All-Star team and a Mariano Rivera autographed jersey. Plus, even many of the single-player signed baseballs have some special notation, like Roy Halladay signing his with a “CY 03.”
Even if you don’t have any excess cash laying about, it’s worth checking out. Me, I have a couple of items scoped out as potential Father’s Day presents.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)