Jun 1, 2010, 6:12 PM EDT
I’ve said plenty of unkind things about Darin Erstad the ballplayer over the past several years, but there’s certainly never been an issue with Darin Ersad the person.
As the Orange County Register pointed out today, Erstad currently has a charity auction up on ebay, with several items ending Wednesday night and others expiring later this week. 100 percent of final sale price will support the Child Abuse Prevention Center in Orange, California.
Not only is a great cause, but there’s some particularly cool memorabilia involved, including one of Erstad’s Gold Gloves (autographed), a baseball signed by the 2000 American League All-Star team and a Mariano Rivera autographed jersey. Plus, even many of the single-player signed baseballs have some special notation, like Roy Halladay signing his with a “CY 03.”
Even if you don’t have any excess cash laying about, it’s worth checking out. Me, I have a couple of items scoped out as potential Father’s Day presents.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 103
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 152
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (152)