Jun 1, 2010, 3:13 PM EDT
We were hearing various tweets and emanations from the Mets this morning that they weren’t really interested in Willis, what with already having their own walk-happy lefty. At least Willis is agreeable, however, so you think they’d rather have him around to walk people as opposed to Oliver Perez.
Mostly, though, this illustrates the flexibility of the word “interested.” I’m interested in having Willis come to my house to tell me stories about baseball and teach my son how to throw a curveball, but it’s not so great an interest that I’m going to pursue it.
I think that may be the case with a lot of these teams. The Dbacks have a need to try something — anything — in their bullpen. The other guys are probably just saying nice things in response to a reporters’ inquiry about a basically free pitcher. Because really, for as much as I love me some D-Train and want him to succeed, I’m not sure how he helps anyone at the moment.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 0
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 49
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)