Jun 1, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
It was less than a month ago when we saw Dana Eveland throw seven shutout innings on only two hits. But baseball is a what have you done for me lately sport, and since that great show against the White Sox on May 6th, Eveland has allowed 17 runs in just over nine innings. As a result he got himself DFA’d a week ago, and today it gets him exiled to Pittsburgh via a trade for minor leaguer Ronald Uviedo.
At this point in his career Eveland may be most notable for being involved in the deal that sent Dan Haren to Arizona, so it’s not like the Pirates should hope for anything special here. But hey, he throws with his left arm, so if they can turn him into a loogy or something it will turn out to be a nice little bonus, right?
Get me being all optimistic. I guess it’s just too early to get into full-blown cynical trade season talk just yet.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 0
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 55
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 45
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (239)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)