Jun 1, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
It was less than a month ago when we saw Dana Eveland throw seven shutout innings on only two hits. But baseball is a what have you done for me lately sport, and since that great show against the White Sox on May 6th, Eveland has allowed 17 runs in just over nine innings. As a result he got himself DFA’d a week ago, and today it gets him exiled to Pittsburgh via a trade for minor leaguer Ronald Uviedo.
At this point in his career Eveland may be most notable for being involved in the deal that sent Dan Haren to Arizona, so it’s not like the Pirates should hope for anything special here. But hey, he throws with his left arm, so if they can turn him into a loogy or something it will turn out to be a nice little bonus, right?
Get me being all optimistic. I guess it’s just too early to get into full-blown cynical trade season talk just yet.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)