Jun 1, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
It was less than a month ago when we saw Dana Eveland throw seven shutout innings on only two hits. But baseball is a what have you done for me lately sport, and since that great show against the White Sox on May 6th, Eveland has allowed 17 runs in just over nine innings. As a result he got himself DFA’d a week ago, and today it gets him exiled to Pittsburgh via a trade for minor leaguer Ronald Uviedo.
At this point in his career Eveland may be most notable for being involved in the deal that sent Dan Haren to Arizona, so it’s not like the Pirates should hope for anything special here. But hey, he throws with his left arm, so if they can turn him into a loogy or something it will turn out to be a nice little bonus, right?
Get me being all optimistic. I guess it’s just too early to get into full-blown cynical trade season talk just yet.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 40
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 75
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)