Jun 1, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
It was less than a month ago when we saw Dana Eveland throw seven shutout innings on only two hits. But baseball is a what have you done for me lately sport, and since that great show against the White Sox on May 6th, Eveland has allowed 17 runs in just over nine innings. As a result he got himself DFA’d a week ago, and today it gets him exiled to Pittsburgh via a trade for minor leaguer Ronald Uviedo.
At this point in his career Eveland may be most notable for being involved in the deal that sent Dan Haren to Arizona, so it’s not like the Pirates should hope for anything special here. But hey, he throws with his left arm, so if they can turn him into a loogy or something it will turn out to be a nice little bonus, right?
Get me being all optimistic. I guess it’s just too early to get into full-blown cynical trade season talk just yet.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)