Jun 1, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
It was less than a month ago when we saw Dana Eveland throw seven shutout innings on only two hits. But baseball is a what have you done for me lately sport, and since that great show against the White Sox on May 6th, Eveland has allowed 17 runs in just over nine innings. As a result he got himself DFA’d a week ago, and today it gets him exiled to Pittsburgh via a trade for minor leaguer Ronald Uviedo.
At this point in his career Eveland may be most notable for being involved in the deal that sent Dan Haren to Arizona, so it’s not like the Pirates should hope for anything special here. But hey, he throws with his left arm, so if they can turn him into a loogy or something it will turn out to be a nice little bonus, right?
Get me being all optimistic. I guess it’s just too early to get into full-blown cynical trade season talk just yet.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)