Jun 1, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
But it’s OK, because the guy doing the mocking is Jason from IIATMS, himself a tremendous Yankees fan.
He just has a problem — as do I — with people wearing ugly red licensed gear, Yankees caps with rhinestones and grown men and women wearing Yankees jerseys with names — either the players’ or [shudder] their own — on the back. Of which there are many in the linked pics, all of which Jason took without leaving his own section at the Yankees-Indians game.
And this isn’t Yankees-hate. This is just a good old-fashioned shaming that will serve to benefit the Yankees Universe in the long run. You have to do that sort of thing from time to time so as to maintain social order, don’t you know.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 52
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 12
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 32
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (184)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)