Jun 1, 2010, 9:05 AM EST
But it’s OK, because the guy doing the mocking is Jason from IIATMS, himself a tremendous Yankees fan.
He just has a problem — as do I — with people wearing ugly red licensed gear, Yankees caps with rhinestones and grown men and women wearing Yankees jerseys with names — either the players’ or [shudder] their own — on the back. Of which there are many in the linked pics, all of which Jason took without leaving his own section at the Yankees-Indians game.
And this isn’t Yankees-hate. This is just a good old-fashioned shaming that will serve to benefit the Yankees Universe in the long run. You have to do that sort of thing from time to time so as to maintain social order, don’t you know.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)