Jun 1, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Not only has David Huff somehow avoided a serious injury after taking an Alex Rodriguez line drive off his head Saturday, Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com reports that he’s not even expected to miss a start.
Huff threw a bullpen session yesterday and reported no problems afterward, saying he hasn’t had dizziness or headaches despite the ugly looking nature of the play.
“He had no aftermath feeling or anything like that,” manager Manny Acta said. “He’s on target unless he shows up [feeling] something different.”
Castrovince notes that the Indians’ training staff will “err on the side of caution” while continuing to monitor Huff for post-concussion symptoms, but so far he’s shown no signs of lasting damage. Or as Huff put it: “I’m fine, I feel fine, and hopefully I’ll bounce back. I’m going to try not to think about it.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)