Jun 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox were happy about the prospect of getting both Jacoby Ellsbury and Mike Cameron back into the outfield, but now Ellsbury is back on the DL and Mike Cameron is reporting soreness in his abdomen, keeping him out of today’s game.
The good news, according to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, is that the soreness is on the “opposite side” of the initial tear, so this may be nothing. But even better would be if he were not sore at all, and that’s just not the case today.
So it’s McDonald in center and Hall in left for the Sox.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)