Jun 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox were happy about the prospect of getting both Jacoby Ellsbury and Mike Cameron back into the outfield, but now Ellsbury is back on the DL and Mike Cameron is reporting soreness in his abdomen, keeping him out of today’s game.
The good news, according to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, is that the soreness is on the “opposite side” of the initial tear, so this may be nothing. But even better would be if he were not sore at all, and that’s just not the case today.
So it’s McDonald in center and Hall in left for the Sox.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (321)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)