Jun 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox were happy about the prospect of getting both Jacoby Ellsbury and Mike Cameron back into the outfield, but now Ellsbury is back on the DL and Mike Cameron is reporting soreness in his abdomen, keeping him out of today’s game.
The good news, according to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, is that the soreness is on the “opposite side” of the initial tear, so this may be nothing. But even better would be if he were not sore at all, and that’s just not the case today.
So it’s McDonald in center and Hall in left for the Sox.
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 0
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 7
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 59
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 25
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)