Jun 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox were happy about the prospect of getting both Jacoby Ellsbury and Mike Cameron back into the outfield, but now Ellsbury is back on the DL and Mike Cameron is reporting soreness in his abdomen, keeping him out of today’s game.
The good news, according to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, is that the soreness is on the “opposite side” of the initial tear, so this may be nothing. But even better would be if he were not sore at all, and that’s just not the case today.
So it’s McDonald in center and Hall in left for the Sox.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)