Jun 1, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox were happy about the prospect of getting both Jacoby Ellsbury and Mike Cameron back into the outfield, but now Ellsbury is back on the DL and Mike Cameron is reporting soreness in his abdomen, keeping him out of today’s game.
The good news, according to Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald, is that the soreness is on the “opposite side” of the initial tear, so this may be nothing. But even better would be if he were not sore at all, and that’s just not the case today.
So it’s McDonald in center and Hall in left for the Sox.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)