Jun 1, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
. . . we were blogging. Why? Mostly because it rained a lot and there was baseball happening. We realize that a good number of you read HBT at the office, however, and likely missed our bloggy musings, so here’s a quick rundown of some of the Memorial Day highlights:
- Power Rankings! And please, save it: I’ve already caught hell for putting the Red Sox above the Blue Jays. I’d probably take a mulligan on that one a day later, but you can’t change history. At least until next week.
- The Braves are now in first place, Phillies fans on suicide watch (at least in my delusional mind).
- D-Train back to Florida? Sure, why not?
- Dan Haren might be available soon. No home should be without one.
- No one buys tickets to future Marlins games, so why not try selling tickets to past Marlins games?
- Roberto Alomar wants a job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, or something like it.
- George Costanza was the assistant to the traveling secretary, and guys my age like to relive it whenever possible.
- Oliver Perez is not well-liked by his teammates — someone alert Mike Sweeney!; and
There was much, much more, so by all means, feel free to use the “previous posts” button on the bottom of the page to check out yesterday’s news today!
Now back to work, people. This ain’t a charity, we’re operatin’ here.*
*Not applicable to those of you who work for charities.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)