Jun 1, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
. . . we were blogging. Why? Mostly because it rained a lot and there was baseball happening. We realize that a good number of you read HBT at the office, however, and likely missed our bloggy musings, so here’s a quick rundown of some of the Memorial Day highlights:
- Power Rankings! And please, save it: I’ve already caught hell for putting the Red Sox above the Blue Jays. I’d probably take a mulligan on that one a day later, but you can’t change history. At least until next week.
- The Braves are now in first place, Phillies fans on suicide watch (at least in my delusional mind).
- D-Train back to Florida? Sure, why not?
- Dan Haren might be available soon. No home should be without one.
- No one buys tickets to future Marlins games, so why not try selling tickets to past Marlins games?
- Roberto Alomar wants a job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, or something like it.
- George Costanza was the assistant to the traveling secretary, and guys my age like to relive it whenever possible.
- Oliver Perez is not well-liked by his teammates — someone alert Mike Sweeney!; and
There was much, much more, so by all means, feel free to use the “previous posts” button on the bottom of the page to check out yesterday’s news today!
Now back to work, people. This ain’t a charity, we’re operatin’ here.*
*Not applicable to those of you who work for charities.
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 0
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 10
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)