Jun 1, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
. . . we were blogging. Why? Mostly because it rained a lot and there was baseball happening. We realize that a good number of you read HBT at the office, however, and likely missed our bloggy musings, so here’s a quick rundown of some of the Memorial Day highlights:
- Power Rankings! And please, save it: I’ve already caught hell for putting the Red Sox above the Blue Jays. I’d probably take a mulligan on that one a day later, but you can’t change history. At least until next week.
- The Braves are now in first place, Phillies fans on suicide watch (at least in my delusional mind).
- D-Train back to Florida? Sure, why not?
- Dan Haren might be available soon. No home should be without one.
- No one buys tickets to future Marlins games, so why not try selling tickets to past Marlins games?
- Roberto Alomar wants a job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, or something like it.
- George Costanza was the assistant to the traveling secretary, and guys my age like to relive it whenever possible.
- Oliver Perez is not well-liked by his teammates — someone alert Mike Sweeney!; and
There was much, much more, so by all means, feel free to use the “previous posts” button on the bottom of the page to check out yesterday’s news today!
Now back to work, people. This ain’t a charity, we’re operatin’ here.*
*Not applicable to those of you who work for charities.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)