Jun 1, 2010, 8:20 AM EST
. . . we were blogging. Why? Mostly because it rained a lot and there was baseball happening. We realize that a good number of you read HBT at the office, however, and likely missed our bloggy musings, so here’s a quick rundown of some of the Memorial Day highlights:
- Power Rankings! And please, save it: I’ve already caught hell for putting the Red Sox above the Blue Jays. I’d probably take a mulligan on that one a day later, but you can’t change history. At least until next week.
- The Braves are now in first place, Phillies fans on suicide watch (at least in my delusional mind).
- D-Train back to Florida? Sure, why not?
- Dan Haren might be available soon. No home should be without one.
- No one buys tickets to future Marlins games, so why not try selling tickets to past Marlins games?
- Roberto Alomar wants a job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, or something like it.
- George Costanza was the assistant to the traveling secretary, and guys my age like to relive it whenever possible.
- Oliver Perez is not well-liked by his teammates — someone alert Mike Sweeney!; and
There was much, much more, so by all means, feel free to use the “previous posts” button on the bottom of the page to check out yesterday’s news today!
Now back to work, people. This ain’t a charity, we’re operatin’ here.*
*Not applicable to those of you who work for charities.
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants concussions to remain part of the game 0
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 13
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 24
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 28
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 64
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)