Jun 1, 2010, 8:20 AM EDT
. . . we were blogging. Why? Mostly because it rained a lot and there was baseball happening. We realize that a good number of you read HBT at the office, however, and likely missed our bloggy musings, so here’s a quick rundown of some of the Memorial Day highlights:
- Power Rankings! And please, save it: I’ve already caught hell for putting the Red Sox above the Blue Jays. I’d probably take a mulligan on that one a day later, but you can’t change history. At least until next week.
- The Braves are now in first place, Phillies fans on suicide watch (at least in my delusional mind).
- D-Train back to Florida? Sure, why not?
- Dan Haren might be available soon. No home should be without one.
- No one buys tickets to future Marlins games, so why not try selling tickets to past Marlins games?
- Roberto Alomar wants a job as the assistant to the traveling secretary, or something like it.
- George Costanza was the assistant to the traveling secretary, and guys my age like to relive it whenever possible.
- Oliver Perez is not well-liked by his teammates — someone alert Mike Sweeney!; and
There was much, much more, so by all means, feel free to use the “previous posts” button on the bottom of the page to check out yesterday’s news today!
Now back to work, people. This ain’t a charity, we’re operatin’ here.*
*Not applicable to those of you who work for charities.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)