Jun 2, 2010, 6:32 PM EST
The HardballTalk audience is probably a little too manly for this next item, but we’re throwing it out there anyway.
Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez appeared on the L.A.-based Ryan Seacrest Show today and touched on a few things, like drilling Indians pitcher David Huff in the head last week, possibly being chosen as an All-Star this year in Anaheim, and something called a “power balance” bracelet.
Seacrest is an easy target for haters because he’s the host of American Idol, small in stature and still probably hangs with some of Los Angeles’ finest. But it’s hard to knock a guy that hosts both a weekday morning and weekend radio show, drives the bus on one of the nation’s most-watched television programs, and hosts some program called E! News. Here in the United States we tend to appreciate hard workers, and I’m not sure that guy sleeps.
A-Rod, meanwhile, is batting .293 with a .374 on-base percentage, seven home runs and 41 RBI through 50 games this season. He’s the subject of a whole lotta hate as well, but usually for far better reasons.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)