Jun 2, 2010, 6:32 PM EDT
The HardballTalk audience is probably a little too manly for this next item, but we’re throwing it out there anyway.
Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez appeared on the L.A.-based Ryan Seacrest Show today and touched on a few things, like drilling Indians pitcher David Huff in the head last week, possibly being chosen as an All-Star this year in Anaheim, and something called a “power balance” bracelet.
Seacrest is an easy target for haters because he’s the host of American Idol, small in stature and still probably hangs with some of Los Angeles’ finest. But it’s hard to knock a guy that hosts both a weekday morning and weekend radio show, drives the bus on one of the nation’s most-watched television programs, and hosts some program called E! News. Here in the United States we tend to appreciate hard workers, and I’m not sure that guy sleeps.
A-Rod, meanwhile, is batting .293 with a .374 on-base percentage, seven home runs and 41 RBI through 50 games this season. He’s the subject of a whole lotta hate as well, but usually for far better reasons.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)