Jun 2, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
That’s The Baltimore Sun’s Peter Schmuck’s assessment anyway. Worth noting that the O’s don’t have an offday until Monday, but I suppose there’s no law that says a manager has to be fired on an offday.
Schmuck, who has not been a vehement Trembley basher by any stretch, says that “the job is eating him alive” and says that Trembley should be “put out of his misery. He even quotes the execution scene from the movie “Breaker Morant.” Which, while shooting Schmuck up about ten thousand percent in my book because that movie is eight shades of awesome, is perhaps a bit melodramatic for an Orioles manager.
At any rate, when columns like this one come out it’s not a matter of if. It’s a matter of when.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)