Jun 2, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
That’s The Baltimore Sun’s Peter Schmuck’s assessment anyway. Worth noting that the O’s don’t have an offday until Monday, but I suppose there’s no law that says a manager has to be fired on an offday.
Schmuck, who has not been a vehement Trembley basher by any stretch, says that “the job is eating him alive” and says that Trembley should be “put out of his misery. He even quotes the execution scene from the movie “Breaker Morant.” Which, while shooting Schmuck up about ten thousand percent in my book because that movie is eight shades of awesome, is perhaps a bit melodramatic for an Orioles manager.
At any rate, when columns like this one come out it’s not a matter of if. It’s a matter of when.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 33
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)