Jun 2, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
That’s The Baltimore Sun’s Peter Schmuck’s assessment anyway. Worth noting that the O’s don’t have an offday until Monday, but I suppose there’s no law that says a manager has to be fired on an offday.
Schmuck, who has not been a vehement Trembley basher by any stretch, says that “the job is eating him alive” and says that Trembley should be “put out of his misery. He even quotes the execution scene from the movie “Breaker Morant.” Which, while shooting Schmuck up about ten thousand percent in my book because that movie is eight shades of awesome, is perhaps a bit melodramatic for an Orioles manager.
At any rate, when columns like this one come out it’s not a matter of if. It’s a matter of when.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 37
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 25
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 10
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)