Jorge Posada comes off the DL

Jun 2, 2010, 4:29 PM EST

jorge posada headshot yankees.jpgThe Yankees activated Jorge Posada from the 15-day disabled list this afternoon after the future Hall of Famer — I think so anyway? What say you? — recovered more quickly than anticipated from a hairline fracture in his right foot.

The Bombers were going to wait until after batting practice today to announce the
corresponding roster move. Makes me think that the guy they’re going to demote is throwing BP or something today.

1. Okobojicat - Jun 2, 2010 at 4:38 PM

If he had played anywhere else besides New York, I don’t think he’s a HoF. But I think he goes in eventually, maybe his 7th or 8th year.

2. YankeesfanLen - Jun 2, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Jorge should make the HOF. He should also catch no more than 20 more games this year and be the primary DH.
    He should also stop channeling Thurman Munson.

3. Alex - Jun 2, 2010 at 4:56 PM

easily the third-best catcher of his era (behind Piazza and Pudge), which I guess makes him the Ted Simmons of our time. Of course, a lot of people think Simmons is a HOFer, so I guess Georgie deserves a spot too.

4. Rays fan - Jun 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I’d vote for him.
    I agree with Len about putting him in as DH for the most part (this year anyway)-still think that hairline fracture will be painful/distracting behind the plate and thus affect his game.

5. SouthofHeaven - Jun 2, 2010 at 6:16 PM

I’m cool with Jorge in the HoF. He’s a very good catcher and one of the best hitting catchers ever. I vote yea.

6. Newport Yankee fan - Jun 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I don’t how anyone can argue that Piazza was better than Posada. Posada isn’t exactly gold glove material but Piazza was one of the worst at fielding that position ever. Plus the rumored and pretty obvious PED stuff. It’s like saying Sosa was better than Jr.(couldn’t think of a better example on the top of my head, Crawford?).

7. partytime - Jun 4, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I’m a life long Yankee fan , and I think Posada is a good all around catcher , but not HOF . His defense was never good enough to be HOF. He has good offensive numbers , but I wouldn’t consider him best of the best at his position , and to me that is what separates the ones that go to the hall . I’m probably going to get flack for my opinion, but that’s the way I see it .

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (3287)
  2. J. Kang (3119)
  3. C. McGehee (2835)
  4. J. Upton (2816)
  5. W. Middlebrooks (2812)
  1. D. Ross (2607)