Jun 2, 2010, 11:49 PM EDT
If it weren’t for the bad call by Jim Joyce we’d definitely be talking about this more: Austin Jackson made an absolutely incredible catch for the first out in the ninth inning of Armando Galarraga’s non-perfecto.
Check out the video here. Mark Grudzielanek smacked it to the deepest part of Comerica Park — left-center — Jackson ranged after it forever and made an over-the-shoulder catch that was seven shades of spectacular. Though not quite as spectacular as the catch DeWayne Wise made in Mark Buehrle’s perfect game last year — which was a good eight or nine shades of awesome — it belongs in the same conversation.
Here’s hoping that Jackson fares better than Wise in the long run, however. He got stuck in AAA with the Phillies this year and got so fed up that he exercised an out-clause in his contract today and is now a minor league free agent.
But it was an amazing catch from Jackson, that’s for sure.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)