Jun 2, 2010, 11:49 PM EDT
If it weren’t for the bad call by Jim Joyce we’d definitely be talking about this more: Austin Jackson made an absolutely incredible catch for the first out in the ninth inning of Armando Galarraga’s non-perfecto.
Check out the video here. Mark Grudzielanek smacked it to the deepest part of Comerica Park — left-center — Jackson ranged after it forever and made an over-the-shoulder catch that was seven shades of spectacular. Though not quite as spectacular as the catch DeWayne Wise made in Mark Buehrle’s perfect game last year — which was a good eight or nine shades of awesome — it belongs in the same conversation.
Here’s hoping that Jackson fares better than Wise in the long run, however. He got stuck in AAA with the Phillies this year and got so fed up that he exercised an out-clause in his contract today and is now a minor league free agent.
But it was an amazing catch from Jackson, that’s for sure.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)