Jun 2, 2010, 5:30 AM EDT
Hey folks: Due to a late night of (a) watching Aroldis Chapman pitch against my hometown Columbus Clippers; and (b) catching up with old friends, I wasn’t able to jump on the box scores like I usually do before bedtime.
The good news is that because of my evening I will be able to provide you with a first-hand account of Chapman later this morning. The bad news is that “And That Happened” will be a bit later than usual this morning.
All apologies, but good things come to those who wait.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 6
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 24
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)