Jun 2, 2010, 5:30 AM EDT
Hey folks: Due to a late night of (a) watching Aroldis Chapman pitch against my hometown Columbus Clippers; and (b) catching up with old friends, I wasn’t able to jump on the box scores like I usually do before bedtime.
The good news is that because of my evening I will be able to provide you with a first-hand account of Chapman later this morning. The bad news is that “And That Happened” will be a bit later than usual this morning.
All apologies, but good things come to those who wait.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 32
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (75)