Jun 2, 2010, 5:30 AM EDT
Hey folks: Due to a late night of (a) watching Aroldis Chapman pitch against my hometown Columbus Clippers; and (b) catching up with old friends, I wasn’t able to jump on the box scores like I usually do before bedtime.
The good news is that because of my evening I will be able to provide you with a first-hand account of Chapman later this morning. The bad news is that “And That Happened” will be a bit later than usual this morning.
All apologies, but good things come to those who wait.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (261)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)