Jun 2, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This is a minor item to be sure, but my electricity has been out for an hour and it’s in the mid 80s, so I’m gettin’ cranky and could use some damn optimistic news, OK? OK:
Jarrod Saltalamacchia says he’s past the yips that caused him to be unable to throw the ball back to the pitcher’s mound:
“It’s been night and day,” said Saltalamacchia. “Just from a throwing
aspect, I’ve come a long way. My confidence has gone up a lot. I’m just
ready to get back up there and perform.”
The Rangers could use him behind the plate and in the batter’s box right now, but the sense is that the team doesn’t want to rush him.
Good idea. I mean, how many times did Harvey Dent tell Gotham City that he was all better only to quickly relapse and go on a city-wide spree of murder and mayhem? I don’t think Texas wants to take that chance with Salty, if for no other reason than “having your legs broken by the Batman” usually isn’t covered by team insurance policies.
In other news, if my power is not back on soon I’m going to go crazy from the heat and turn this blog into all Batman content, all the time.
Wait, I might do that anyway.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (183)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)