Jun 2, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This is a minor item to be sure, but my electricity has been out for an hour and it’s in the mid 80s, so I’m gettin’ cranky and could use some damn optimistic news, OK? OK:
Jarrod Saltalamacchia says he’s past the yips that caused him to be unable to throw the ball back to the pitcher’s mound:
“It’s been night and day,” said Saltalamacchia. “Just from a throwing
aspect, I’ve come a long way. My confidence has gone up a lot. I’m just
ready to get back up there and perform.”
The Rangers could use him behind the plate and in the batter’s box right now, but the sense is that the team doesn’t want to rush him.
Good idea. I mean, how many times did Harvey Dent tell Gotham City that he was all better only to quickly relapse and go on a city-wide spree of murder and mayhem? I don’t think Texas wants to take that chance with Salty, if for no other reason than “having your legs broken by the Batman” usually isn’t covered by team insurance policies.
In other news, if my power is not back on soon I’m going to go crazy from the heat and turn this blog into all Batman content, all the time.
Wait, I might do that anyway.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 33
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 52
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)