Jun 2, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This is a minor item to be sure, but my electricity has been out for an hour and it’s in the mid 80s, so I’m gettin’ cranky and could use some damn optimistic news, OK? OK:
Jarrod Saltalamacchia says he’s past the yips that caused him to be unable to throw the ball back to the pitcher’s mound:
“It’s been night and day,” said Saltalamacchia. “Just from a throwing
aspect, I’ve come a long way. My confidence has gone up a lot. I’m just
ready to get back up there and perform.”
The Rangers could use him behind the plate and in the batter’s box right now, but the sense is that the team doesn’t want to rush him.
Good idea. I mean, how many times did Harvey Dent tell Gotham City that he was all better only to quickly relapse and go on a city-wide spree of murder and mayhem? I don’t think Texas wants to take that chance with Salty, if for no other reason than “having your legs broken by the Batman” usually isn’t covered by team insurance policies.
In other news, if my power is not back on soon I’m going to go crazy from the heat and turn this blog into all Batman content, all the time.
Wait, I might do that anyway.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 88
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 54
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)