Jun 2, 2010, 1:15 PM EDT
This is a minor item to be sure, but my electricity has been out for an hour and it’s in the mid 80s, so I’m gettin’ cranky and could use some damn optimistic news, OK? OK:
Jarrod Saltalamacchia says he’s past the yips that caused him to be unable to throw the ball back to the pitcher’s mound:
“It’s been night and day,” said Saltalamacchia. “Just from a throwing
aspect, I’ve come a long way. My confidence has gone up a lot. I’m just
ready to get back up there and perform.”
The Rangers could use him behind the plate and in the batter’s box right now, but the sense is that the team doesn’t want to rush him.
Good idea. I mean, how many times did Harvey Dent tell Gotham City that he was all better only to quickly relapse and go on a city-wide spree of murder and mayhem? I don’t think Texas wants to take that chance with Salty, if for no other reason than “having your legs broken by the Batman” usually isn’t covered by team insurance policies.
In other news, if my power is not back on soon I’m going to go crazy from the heat and turn this blog into all Batman content, all the time.
Wait, I might do that anyway.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 18
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 7
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 36
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)