Jun 2, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his last minor league start tomorrow. Cool thing about it: it will be nationally-televised, as Versus will have the broadcast. The game — the first baseball game Versus has ever broadcast — will start at 1:05 P.M. Strasburg takes on the Buffalo Bisons. May God have mercy on their souls.
Here’s hoping all goes well for Strasburg. More importantly, here’s hoping he stays on a regular four-days-rest schedule following his big league debut next week. Why? Because I’ve been invited to sit in the Tribe Social Deck for the Nats-Indians game on June 13th, which should be Strasburg’s second start, assuming all goes according to plan.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)