Jun 2, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his last minor league start tomorrow. Cool thing about it: it will be nationally-televised, as Versus will have the broadcast. The game — the first baseball game Versus has ever broadcast — will start at 1:05 P.M. Strasburg takes on the Buffalo Bisons. May God have mercy on their souls.
Here’s hoping all goes well for Strasburg. More importantly, here’s hoping he stays on a regular four-days-rest schedule following his big league debut next week. Why? Because I’ve been invited to sit in the Tribe Social Deck for the Nats-Indians game on June 13th, which should be Strasburg’s second start, assuming all goes according to plan.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)