Jun 2, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his last minor league start tomorrow. Cool thing about it: it will be nationally-televised, as Versus will have the broadcast. The game — the first baseball game Versus has ever broadcast — will start at 1:05 P.M. Strasburg takes on the Buffalo Bisons. May God have mercy on their souls.
Here’s hoping all goes well for Strasburg. More importantly, here’s hoping he stays on a regular four-days-rest schedule following his big league debut next week. Why? Because I’ve been invited to sit in the Tribe Social Deck for the Nats-Indians game on June 13th, which should be Strasburg’s second start, assuming all goes according to plan.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (112)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)