Jun 2, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his last minor league start tomorrow. Cool thing about it: it will be nationally-televised, as Versus will have the broadcast. The game — the first baseball game Versus has ever broadcast — will start at 1:05 P.M. Strasburg takes on the Buffalo Bisons. May God have mercy on their souls.
Here’s hoping all goes well for Strasburg. More importantly, here’s hoping he stays on a regular four-days-rest schedule following his big league debut next week. Why? Because I’ve been invited to sit in the Tribe Social Deck for the Nats-Indians game on June 13th, which should be Strasburg’s second start, assuming all goes according to plan.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 14
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 80
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 20
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)