Jun 2, 2010, 5:13 PM EDT
Stephen Strasburg will make his last minor league start tomorrow. Cool thing about it: it will be nationally-televised, as Versus will have the broadcast. The game — the first baseball game Versus has ever broadcast — will start at 1:05 P.M. Strasburg takes on the Buffalo Bisons. May God have mercy on their souls.
Here’s hoping all goes well for Strasburg. More importantly, here’s hoping he stays on a regular four-days-rest schedule following his big league debut next week. Why? Because I’ve been invited to sit in the Tribe Social Deck for the Nats-Indians game on June 13th, which should be Strasburg’s second start, assuming all goes according to plan.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)