Jun 2, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
UPDATE: Looks like the comments are back online, folks. Sorry about the inconvenience. Seems I, um, accidentally banned half of the IP addresses in the nation while trying to fight a spammer. In this I am not unlike the man who destroys his house while trying to swat a fly.
Anyway, between that and my power being back on, I’m ready to start this day over and pretend that the morning didn’t happen.
10:10 A.M.: Hey all — as many of you have figured out by now, the comments are a bit loopy this morning and have been since yesterday. Many of you — and me, dadgummit! — have been getting an error message when trying to comment. Not all of you, however, which is just further evidence that we live in an unfair and capricious world.
Anyway, we’re working on it — we’ll be performing the popular “top kill” procedure on it shortly — and will have the oil cleaned up in no time. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 19
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 18
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)