Jun 2, 2010, 1:30 PM EST
UPDATE: Looks like the comments are back online, folks. Sorry about the inconvenience. Seems I, um, accidentally banned half of the IP addresses in the nation while trying to fight a spammer. In this I am not unlike the man who destroys his house while trying to swat a fly.
Anyway, between that and my power being back on, I’m ready to start this day over and pretend that the morning didn’t happen.
10:10 A.M.: Hey all — as many of you have figured out by now, the comments are a bit loopy this morning and have been since yesterday. Many of you — and me, dadgummit! — have been getting an error message when trying to comment. Not all of you, however, which is just further evidence that we live in an unfair and capricious world.
Anyway, we’re working on it — we’ll be performing the popular “top kill” procedure on it shortly — and will have the oil cleaned up in no time. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)