UPDATE: The comments are fixed

Jun 2, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT

UPDATE:  Looks like the comments are back online, folks. Sorry about the inconvenience. Seems I, um, accidentally banned half of the IP addresses in the nation while trying to fight a spammer. In this I am not unlike the man who destroys his house while trying to swat a fly.

Anyway, between that and my power being back on, I’m ready to start this day over and pretend that the morning didn’t happen.

10:10 A.M.: Hey all — as many of you have figured out by now, the comments are a bit loopy this morning and have been since yesterday. Many of you — and me, dadgummit! — have been getting an error message when trying to comment. Not all of you, however, which is just further evidence that we live in an unfair and capricious world.

Anyway, we’re working on it — we’ll be performing the popular “top kill” procedure on it shortly — and will have the oil cleaned up in no time.  In the meantime, thanks for your patience.

1. vipul - Jun 2, 2010 at 12:30 PM

I am able to post comments now.

2. vinod3 - Jun 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM

testing comment..

3. ecp - Jun 2, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Too late now. I had all this great stuff I wanted to say…YESTERDAY. Today I got nuthin’.

4. adam - Jun 2, 2010 at 1:46 PM

well that explains why all my amazingly witty comments wouldn’t work. oh how you all missed out.

5. Old Gator - Jun 2, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Much better. I was feeling ostracized, and it’s been a long time since I got my fingers caught in the blender.
    reCaptcha: hours buckner. No kidding. Talk about an icon of ostracization.

6. APBA Guy - Jun 2, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Once again the world is safe for A’s comments. It’s lonely on the left coast when the comments section fails.
    Captcha: But precious
    No, really, I’ll be fine.

7. Morgan W - Jun 2, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Thanks for sorting the comments section. Is it possible to ‘sort’ Chip from Braves broadcasts? All very well if youre living in the area, but listening to Chip get overly excited about singles from the other side of the planet is all just a bit too much i’m afraid. It’s like the guy is invading my personal space somehow.

8. Charles Gates - Jun 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Phew. This has been burning a hole in my C drive:
    Craig, I’d like a job at NBC Sports. I have a great idea for a new blog: UmpireTalk [at] NBCSports [dot] com. I would like to write about what you fail to mention enough, what real fans care about, the essense of the game itself. How ‘blue’ does on a day in, day out basis.
    How enthusiastic are the ‘out’ calls. Is the home plate umpire adding enough suspense to the game with a delayed strike gesture? (Is going to be a ball? Is it going to be a strike? I just don’t know!!!) Artistic freedom interpretations with the strike zones. (Umpire X is more neoclassical where Umpire Y is more abstract.) Umpire after-hour parties and what umpire has the hottest spouse/significant other(s). Imagine the swim suit blog entry!

9. Old Gator - Jun 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

We’ve seen television make antiheroes out of vampires, so why not umpires? I have a great tag line for the show: Baseball would be a pretty nice game if not for all the God damned umpires!

10. Dr Paisley - Jun 2, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Comments are working, but individual writer links are still stuck back in last week, or even earlier.
    “Rubrics who”

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3755)