Jun 2, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Looks like the comments are back online, folks. Sorry about the inconvenience. Seems I, um, accidentally banned half of the IP addresses in the nation while trying to fight a spammer. In this I am not unlike the man who destroys his house while trying to swat a fly.
Anyway, between that and my power being back on, I’m ready to start this day over and pretend that the morning didn’t happen.
10:10 A.M.: Hey all — as many of you have figured out by now, the comments are a bit loopy this morning and have been since yesterday. Many of you — and me, dadgummit! — have been getting an error message when trying to comment. Not all of you, however, which is just further evidence that we live in an unfair and capricious world.
Anyway, we’re working on it — we’ll be performing the popular “top kill” procedure on it shortly — and will have the oil cleaned up in no time. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (105)