Jun 3, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Lots of things happened yesterday that were overshadowed by Griffey and Joyce/Galarraga. Here’s one from the Dodgers-Diamondbacks game that we shouldn’t just forget, however:
[Garret] Anderson shattered his bat grounding out in the second inning, and a
woman in the sixth row of seats near the home plate side of the first
base dugout received cuts on her head from the barrel of the bat. She
was fully alert while the stadium’s medical personnel treated her at her
seat, and was escorted to the first-aid room moments later.
As I’ve said over and over again, it’s only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. This woman was on the plate side of the dugout. If, as I’ve suggested, the nets were extended to the dugout, this wouldn’t have happened.
Unfortunately — as is the case with everything else apparently, Major League Baeball will wait until the worst case scenario occurs before doing anything about it.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)