Jun 3, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Here’s some pretty moving video of the exchange of lineup cards before the Tigers-Indians game today. Jim Joyce takes the field and tears come to his eyes. He shakes Armando Galarraga’s hand and does his best to get to work. The announcers laud him for “standing up like a man” in both coming out and doing his job today and in taking responsibility for his mistake last night. Just gripping, gripping stuff.
Joyce has made his call. Bud has made his. We must hold Bud’s feet to the fire over replay and improving umpiring, but those things notwithstanding, it’s time for everyone to move on, ain’t it?
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)