Jun 3, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Here’s some pretty moving video of the exchange of lineup cards before the Tigers-Indians game today. Jim Joyce takes the field and tears come to his eyes. He shakes Armando Galarraga’s hand and does his best to get to work. The announcers laud him for “standing up like a man” in both coming out and doing his job today and in taking responsibility for his mistake last night. Just gripping, gripping stuff.
Joyce has made his call. Bud has made his. We must hold Bud’s feet to the fire over replay and improving umpiring, but those things notwithstanding, it’s time for everyone to move on, ain’t it?
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 84
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)