Jun 3, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Here’s some pretty moving video of the exchange of lineup cards before the Tigers-Indians game today. Jim Joyce takes the field and tears come to his eyes. He shakes Armando Galarraga’s hand and does his best to get to work. The announcers laud him for “standing up like a man” in both coming out and doing his job today and in taking responsibility for his mistake last night. Just gripping, gripping stuff.
Joyce has made his call. Bud has made his. We must hold Bud’s feet to the fire over replay and improving umpiring, but those things notwithstanding, it’s time for everyone to move on, ain’t it?
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 26
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 7
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)