Jun 3, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Here’s some pretty moving video of the exchange of lineup cards before the Tigers-Indians game today. Jim Joyce takes the field and tears come to his eyes. He shakes Armando Galarraga’s hand and does his best to get to work. The announcers laud him for “standing up like a man” in both coming out and doing his job today and in taking responsibility for his mistake last night. Just gripping, gripping stuff.
Joyce has made his call. Bud has made his. We must hold Bud’s feet to the fire over replay and improving umpiring, but those things notwithstanding, it’s time for everyone to move on, ain’t it?
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)