Jun 3, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
The Indians and the Tigers play at 1:05 Eastern today. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Tigers are
going to have Armando Galarraga deliver the lineup card out to the home
plate before umpire before the game.
The wrinkle: because he was the first base umpire last night, Jim Joyce will be the home plate umpire. Ain’t that delicious?
My guess and my hope: Galarraga — who has shown nothing but class since last night’s events — will warmly shake Joyce’s hand and do whatever he can to exhibit support for a guy who did the only thing he could and own up to his mistake.
It could be a very special moment.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)