Jun 3, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
The Indians and the Tigers play at 1:05 Eastern today. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Tigers are
going to have Armando Galarraga deliver the lineup card out to the home
plate before umpire before the game.
The wrinkle: because he was the first base umpire last night, Jim Joyce will be the home plate umpire. Ain’t that delicious?
My guess and my hope: Galarraga — who has shown nothing but class since last night’s events — will warmly shake Joyce’s hand and do whatever he can to exhibit support for a guy who did the only thing he could and own up to his mistake.
It could be a very special moment.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 0
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)