Jun 3, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
The Indians and the Tigers play at 1:05 Eastern today. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Tigers are
going to have Armando Galarraga deliver the lineup card out to the home
plate before umpire before the game.
The wrinkle: because he was the first base umpire last night, Jim Joyce will be the home plate umpire. Ain’t that delicious?
My guess and my hope: Galarraga — who has shown nothing but class since last night’s events — will warmly shake Joyce’s hand and do whatever he can to exhibit support for a guy who did the only thing he could and own up to his mistake.
It could be a very special moment.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 17
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 91
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)