Jun 3, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
The Indians and the Tigers play at 1:05 Eastern today. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Tigers are
going to have Armando Galarraga deliver the lineup card out to the home
plate before umpire before the game.
The wrinkle: because he was the first base umpire last night, Jim Joyce will be the home plate umpire. Ain’t that delicious?
My guess and my hope: Galarraga — who has shown nothing but class since last night’s events — will warmly shake Joyce’s hand and do whatever he can to exhibit support for a guy who did the only thing he could and own up to his mistake.
It could be a very special moment.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)