Jun 3, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list yesterday with a fractured right middle finger, Mark Teahen underwent surgery this morning and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
Omar Vizquel has filled in for Teahen at third base for the past two games and Jayson Nix also figures to see some action there in his absence.
Teahen perhaps being out for the remainder of the first half could also cause the White Sox to step up their reported interest in Mike Lowell.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 38
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)