Jun 3, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list yesterday with a fractured right middle finger, Mark Teahen underwent surgery this morning and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
Omar Vizquel has filled in for Teahen at third base for the past two games and Jayson Nix also figures to see some action there in his absence.
Teahen perhaps being out for the remainder of the first half could also cause the White Sox to step up their reported interest in Mike Lowell.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 17
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 86
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 30
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 98
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 95
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)