Jun 3, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list yesterday with a fractured right middle finger, Mark Teahen underwent surgery this morning and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
Omar Vizquel has filled in for Teahen at third base for the past two games and Jayson Nix also figures to see some action there in his absence.
Teahen perhaps being out for the remainder of the first half could also cause the White Sox to step up their reported interest in Mike Lowell.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)