Jun 3, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list yesterday with a fractured right middle finger, Mark Teahen underwent surgery this morning and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
Omar Vizquel has filled in for Teahen at third base for the past two games and Jayson Nix also figures to see some action there in his absence.
Teahen perhaps being out for the remainder of the first half could also cause the White Sox to step up their reported interest in Mike Lowell.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)