Jun 3, 2010, 2:46 PM EDT
Placed on the disabled list yesterday with a fractured right middle finger, Mark Teahen underwent surgery this morning and is expected to be sidelined for 4-6 weeks.
Omar Vizquel has filled in for Teahen at third base for the past two games and Jayson Nix also figures to see some action there in his absence.
Teahen perhaps being out for the remainder of the first half could also cause the White Sox to step up their reported interest in Mike Lowell.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)