Jun 3, 2010, 8:01 AM EDT
All hell broke loose last night, and on the off-chance that you people have lives outside of baseball and weren’t glued to this blog, here’s a recap of our zone-flooding coverage:
- Ken Griffey Jr. retired. Was he overrated? Probably a bit, and he may have hung on too long, but he’s still a first-ballot Hall of Famer so we’ll forget that soon enough. We’ll have more on Griffey later this morning;
- Twenty-seven up, twenty-seven down . . . almost;
- I’m done seeing both sides of the issue. Instant. Replay. Now.
- The big question — and, based on the number of comments overnight, one on which there are strong feelings on both sides: should Bud Selig step in and overturn Jim Joyce’s blown call and award Galarraga the perfect game?
- Lost in the shuffle, but man, oh man, how about Austin Jackson’s catch in the ninth inning? If Joyce doesn’t blow that call, doesn’t someone buy him a watch or something?
- Oh, and let’s not forget that there were 14 other games last night too.
I’m sure there will be much more about both the Griffey retirement and the Joyce call as the day goes on, so tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial. We got you covered.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 28
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)