Jun 3, 2010, 8:01 AM EDT
All hell broke loose last night, and on the off-chance that you people have lives outside of baseball and weren’t glued to this blog, here’s a recap of our zone-flooding coverage:
- Ken Griffey Jr. retired. Was he overrated? Probably a bit, and he may have hung on too long, but he’s still a first-ballot Hall of Famer so we’ll forget that soon enough. We’ll have more on Griffey later this morning;
- Twenty-seven up, twenty-seven down . . . almost;
- I’m done seeing both sides of the issue. Instant. Replay. Now.
- The big question — and, based on the number of comments overnight, one on which there are strong feelings on both sides: should Bud Selig step in and overturn Jim Joyce’s blown call and award Galarraga the perfect game?
- Lost in the shuffle, but man, oh man, how about Austin Jackson’s catch in the ninth inning? If Joyce doesn’t blow that call, doesn’t someone buy him a watch or something?
- Oh, and let’s not forget that there were 14 other games last night too.
I’m sure there will be much more about both the Griffey retirement and the Joyce call as the day goes on, so tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial. We got you covered.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)