Jun 3, 2010, 8:01 AM EDT
All hell broke loose last night, and on the off-chance that you people have lives outside of baseball and weren’t glued to this blog, here’s a recap of our zone-flooding coverage:
- Ken Griffey Jr. retired. Was he overrated? Probably a bit, and he may have hung on too long, but he’s still a first-ballot Hall of Famer so we’ll forget that soon enough. We’ll have more on Griffey later this morning;
- Twenty-seven up, twenty-seven down . . . almost;
- I’m done seeing both sides of the issue. Instant. Replay. Now.
- The big question — and, based on the number of comments overnight, one on which there are strong feelings on both sides: should Bud Selig step in and overturn Jim Joyce’s blown call and award Galarraga the perfect game?
- Lost in the shuffle, but man, oh man, how about Austin Jackson’s catch in the ninth inning? If Joyce doesn’t blow that call, doesn’t someone buy him a watch or something?
- Oh, and let’s not forget that there were 14 other games last night too.
I’m sure there will be much more about both the Griffey retirement and the Joyce call as the day goes on, so tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial. We got you covered.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)