Jun 3, 2010, 8:01 AM EST
All hell broke loose last night, and on the off-chance that you people have lives outside of baseball and weren’t glued to this blog, here’s a recap of our zone-flooding coverage:
- Ken Griffey Jr. retired. Was he overrated? Probably a bit, and he may have hung on too long, but he’s still a first-ballot Hall of Famer so we’ll forget that soon enough. We’ll have more on Griffey later this morning;
- Twenty-seven up, twenty-seven down . . . almost;
- I’m done seeing both sides of the issue. Instant. Replay. Now.
- The big question — and, based on the number of comments overnight, one on which there are strong feelings on both sides: should Bud Selig step in and overturn Jim Joyce’s blown call and award Galarraga the perfect game?
- Lost in the shuffle, but man, oh man, how about Austin Jackson’s catch in the ninth inning? If Joyce doesn’t blow that call, doesn’t someone buy him a watch or something?
- Oh, and let’s not forget that there were 14 other games last night too.
I’m sure there will be much more about both the Griffey retirement and the Joyce call as the day goes on, so tune it in to HardballTalk and rip off the dial. We got you covered.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)