Jun 4, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports what we all knew was coming: Dave Trembley has been fired and Juan Samuel is the new interim manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
Given that Brian Roberts is still not back, Casey Kotchman would represent an upgrade at first base, almost everyone who was supposed to hit the ball hasn’t, and the guys in the bullpen couldn’t get their mothers out on the outest day of their lives
even if they had an electrified out machine, I don’t think this firing will herald a new era in the history of the Baltimore Orioles organization.
But as the old saying goes, you can’t fire the players. The natives are restless. Something had to be done. This is about the only thing you can do.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (188)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)