Jun 4, 2010, 9:18 AM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports what we all knew was coming: Dave Trembley has been fired and Juan Samuel is the new interim manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
Given that Brian Roberts is still not back, Casey Kotchman would represent an upgrade at first base, almost everyone who was supposed to hit the ball hasn’t, and the guys in the bullpen couldn’t get their mothers out on the outest day of their lives
even if they had an electrified out machine, I don’t think this firing will herald a new era in the history of the Baltimore Orioles organization.
But as the old saying goes, you can’t fire the players. The natives are restless. Something had to be done. This is about the only thing you can do.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)