Jun 4, 2010, 9:18 AM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports what we all knew was coming: Dave Trembley has been fired and Juan Samuel is the new interim manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
Given that Brian Roberts is still not back, Casey Kotchman would represent an upgrade at first base, almost everyone who was supposed to hit the ball hasn’t, and the guys in the bullpen couldn’t get their mothers out on the outest day of their lives
even if they had an electrified out machine, I don’t think this firing will herald a new era in the history of the Baltimore Orioles organization.
But as the old saying goes, you can’t fire the players. The natives are restless. Something had to be done. This is about the only thing you can do.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)