Jun 4, 2010, 9:18 AM EST
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports what we all knew was coming: Dave Trembley has been fired and Juan Samuel is the new interim manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
Given that Brian Roberts is still not back, Casey Kotchman would represent an upgrade at first base, almost everyone who was supposed to hit the ball hasn’t, and the guys in the bullpen couldn’t get their mothers out on the outest day of their lives
even if they had an electrified out machine, I don’t think this firing will herald a new era in the history of the Baltimore Orioles organization.
But as the old saying goes, you can’t fire the players. The natives are restless. Something had to be done. This is about the only thing you can do.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)