Jun 4, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports what we all knew was coming: Dave Trembley has been fired and Juan Samuel is the new interim manager of the Baltimore Orioles.
Given that Brian Roberts is still not back, Casey Kotchman would represent an upgrade at first base, almost everyone who was supposed to hit the ball hasn’t, and the guys in the bullpen couldn’t get their mothers out on the outest day of their lives
even if they had an electrified out machine, I don’t think this firing will herald a new era in the history of the Baltimore Orioles organization.
But as the old saying goes, you can’t fire the players. The natives are restless. Something had to be done. This is about the only thing you can do.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)