Jun 4, 2010, 1:29 AM EST
The folks over at Wezen-Ball have been timing every MLB home run trot this season. It’s a fun and interesting feature, and if you haven’t already you should definitely go here to check it out.
So far this season, David Ortiz holds six of the seven slowest trot times, while Adam Rosales has the three fastest (not counting inside-the-parkers).
But Wezen-Ball really ramped up the awesome meter today, posting video of a home run trot in the minor leagues that turned violent as the hero rounded the bases. Apparently, losing teams don’t appreciate being taunted non-stop during game-winning home run trots. Who knew?
Anyway, you can watch the video below, but for the whole story, head over to Wezen-Ball.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)