Jun 4, 2010, 1:29 AM EDT
The folks over at Wezen-Ball have been timing every MLB home run trot this season. It’s a fun and interesting feature, and if you haven’t already you should definitely go here to check it out.
So far this season, David Ortiz holds six of the seven slowest trot times, while Adam Rosales has the three fastest (not counting inside-the-parkers).
But Wezen-Ball really ramped up the awesome meter today, posting video of a home run trot in the minor leagues that turned violent as the hero rounded the bases. Apparently, losing teams don’t appreciate being taunted non-stop during game-winning home run trots. Who knew?
Anyway, you can watch the video below, but for the whole story, head over to Wezen-Ball.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)