Jun 4, 2010, 1:29 AM EDT
The folks over at Wezen-Ball have been timing every MLB home run trot this season. It’s a fun and interesting feature, and if you haven’t already you should definitely go here to check it out.
So far this season, David Ortiz holds six of the seven slowest trot times, while Adam Rosales has the three fastest (not counting inside-the-parkers).
But Wezen-Ball really ramped up the awesome meter today, posting video of a home run trot in the minor leagues that turned violent as the hero rounded the bases. Apparently, losing teams don’t appreciate being taunted non-stop during game-winning home run trots. Who knew?
Anyway, you can watch the video below, but for the whole story, head over to Wezen-Ball.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 23
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 25
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 33
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (120)