Jun 4, 2010, 8:19 PM EST
There’s obviously a great deal of excitement surrounding Stephen Strasburg’s major league debut next Tuesday night, and one town approximately 80 miles away from the nation’s capital plans to find an interesting way to express their adoration.
According to the Associated Press, some particularly excited residents of Strasburg, Virginia want their town to be renamed Stephen Strasburg for one week in 2011.
According to the report, town manager Keith Fauber says the town council will meet on Tuesday night — the same day of Strasburg’s debut — to bestow a “pride of Strasburg” resolution. Fauber said if young phenom makes an appearance during the town’s 250th anniversary celebration in 2011, the resolution will allow the town to be called “Stephen Strasburg” for “a day or a week.”
I’m wondering what will happen if gets bombed in his debut. I know, sacrilege. Dude is a pitching cyborg, right?
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)