Jun 4, 2010, 8:19 PM EST
There’s obviously a great deal of excitement surrounding Stephen Strasburg’s major league debut next Tuesday night, and one town approximately 80 miles away from the nation’s capital plans to find an interesting way to express their adoration.
According to the Associated Press, some particularly excited residents of Strasburg, Virginia want their town to be renamed Stephen Strasburg for one week in 2011.
According to the report, town manager Keith Fauber says the town council will meet on Tuesday night — the same day of Strasburg’s debut — to bestow a “pride of Strasburg” resolution. Fauber said if young phenom makes an appearance during the town’s 250th anniversary celebration in 2011, the resolution will allow the town to be called “Stephen Strasburg” for “a day or a week.”
I’m wondering what will happen if gets bombed in his debut. I know, sacrilege. Dude is a pitching cyborg, right?
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)