Jun 4, 2010, 8:19 PM EDT
There’s obviously a great deal of excitement surrounding Stephen Strasburg’s major league debut next Tuesday night, and one town approximately 80 miles away from the nation’s capital plans to find an interesting way to express their adoration.
According to the Associated Press, some particularly excited residents of Strasburg, Virginia want their town to be renamed Stephen Strasburg for one week in 2011.
According to the report, town manager Keith Fauber says the town council will meet on Tuesday night — the same day of Strasburg’s debut — to bestow a “pride of Strasburg” resolution. Fauber said if young phenom makes an appearance during the town’s 250th anniversary celebration in 2011, the resolution will allow the town to be called “Stephen Strasburg” for “a day or a week.”
I’m wondering what will happen if gets bombed in his debut. I know, sacrilege. Dude is a pitching cyborg, right?
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 7
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 30
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (199)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)