Jun 4, 2010, 8:19 PM EST
There’s obviously a great deal of excitement surrounding Stephen Strasburg’s major league debut next Tuesday night, and one town approximately 80 miles away from the nation’s capital plans to find an interesting way to express their adoration.
According to the Associated Press, some particularly excited residents of Strasburg, Virginia want their town to be renamed Stephen Strasburg for one week in 2011.
According to the report, town manager Keith Fauber says the town council will meet on Tuesday night — the same day of Strasburg’s debut — to bestow a “pride of Strasburg” resolution. Fauber said if young phenom makes an appearance during the town’s 250th anniversary celebration in 2011, the resolution will allow the town to be called “Stephen Strasburg” for “a day or a week.”
I’m wondering what will happen if gets bombed in his debut. I know, sacrilege. Dude is a pitching cyborg, right?
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15