White House Press Secretary praises Jim Joyce

Jun 4, 2010, 10:51 AM EDT

This is nice to see, but am I alone in thinking that we’ve come close to praising Jim Joyce’s demeanor so much that the backlash is inevitable?

Oh well, I suppose it’s better than what Sarah Palin said about the environmentalists screwing up Galarraga’s perfect game . . .

1. davidc45629 - Jun 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Gibbs had better get in some business’s good graces. This lying and currupt man will need a job very soon.

2. YankeesfanLen - Jun 4, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Gibbs is to press secretary what Lupica is to sports reporting.

3. Luke - Jun 4, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Geez, can we stop the Jim Joyce love-a-thon already? I’m a lifelong Tigers fan, and I am glad that he owned up to his bone-headed call, but it was his call and the aftermath has him overshadowing the guy whose perfect game he screwed up. Kudos to Galaraga for being a man about it and not whining, but he deserves the praise (particularly for how he’s handled things since), not Jim Joyce, who made a horrible call with history on the line.

4. Simon DelMonte - Jun 4, 2010 at 12:17 PM

I just want a break from politicians feeling like they have to comment about sports matters. Last I checked, there are more important things for them to deal with.
    But they all seem to trip over themselves to prove they love sports. I miss the Ed Koch era here in NYC, when we had a mayor who did what was expected when local teams won (1978 and 1986), but who otherwise really didn’t care for any sport but politics. I wouldn’t say he didn’t have his moments of nonsense – he had plenty – but he never felt like he had to show people he was Joe Normal by talking about Reggie Jackson.

5. Mike - Jun 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM

This is what the White House is concerned with as the country is falling apart? Can’t make it up. November can’t get here soon enough

6. Will - Jun 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Thanks for the gratuitous smear of Palin, Craig. She said nothing of the kind.

7. 60eagles - Jun 4, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Gibbs is a complete moron. Who the hell cares what this fool thinks. MSNBC I guess. The network of Obama, by Obama and for Obama. Didn’t Chrissy Matthews say it was his job to see that Obama does not fail.

8. Old Gator - Jun 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I agree. Of course, what she did say was imbecilic to the point of pain – but that woman was born moose shit stupid and she may well eventually shuffle off this mortal coil even dumber yet. What really concerns me, though, is that if Ann Coulter sense Palin continuing to gain ground on her for the title of most idiotic right-wing bovine blowhard, Coulter may be tempted to pose nude for American Spectator. Considering all the damage that a mere wardrobe malfunction did to civilization, such a horrifying spectacle might bring on 2012 a year too soon.

9. 60eagles - Jun 4, 2010 at 4:06 PM

I finally agree with Gator. Obama, Gibbs, Carter and both Clintons are moose shit stupid.

10. Giant Space Ants - Jun 4, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Craig, baseball is a beautiful game. There’s no need to dirty it up by bringing up any references to politics, especially when it seems like you’re doing it because it’s a slow day.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5199)