Jun 5, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
I’ve been trying to come up with an explanation for this and I’ve come to the conclusion that Giants manager Bruce Bochy really thinks tonight’s game against the Pirates is going to be canceled and he is simply messing with our heads.
Yes, that’s right. Pablo Sandoval — a mainstay in the middle of the lineup for the past two seasons — will bat eighth against left-hander Paul Maholm on Saturday. While that’s all kinds of crazy on its own, Aubrey Huff will make his first start in right field since the 2006 season and Pat Burrell will make his Giants debut in left field. Yikes. Don’t forget your Maalox, Giants fans.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)