Jun 5, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
I’ve been trying to come up with an explanation for this and I’ve come to the conclusion that Giants manager Bruce Bochy really thinks tonight’s game against the Pirates is going to be canceled and he is simply messing with our heads.
Yes, that’s right. Pablo Sandoval — a mainstay in the middle of the lineup for the past two seasons — will bat eighth against left-hander Paul Maholm on Saturday. While that’s all kinds of crazy on its own, Aubrey Huff will make his first start in right field since the 2006 season and Pat Burrell will make his Giants debut in left field. Yikes. Don’t forget your Maalox, Giants fans.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)