Jun 5, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
I’ve been trying to come up with an explanation for this and I’ve come to the conclusion that Giants manager Bruce Bochy really thinks tonight’s game against the Pirates is going to be canceled and he is simply messing with our heads.
Yes, that’s right. Pablo Sandoval — a mainstay in the middle of the lineup for the past two seasons — will bat eighth against left-hander Paul Maholm on Saturday. While that’s all kinds of crazy on its own, Aubrey Huff will make his first start in right field since the 2006 season and Pat Burrell will make his Giants debut in left field. Yikes. Don’t forget your Maalox, Giants fans.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)