Jun 5, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
I’ve been trying to come up with an explanation for this and I’ve come to the conclusion that Giants manager Bruce Bochy really thinks tonight’s game against the Pirates is going to be canceled and he is simply messing with our heads.
Yes, that’s right. Pablo Sandoval — a mainstay in the middle of the lineup for the past two seasons — will bat eighth against left-hander Paul Maholm on Saturday. While that’s all kinds of crazy on its own, Aubrey Huff will make his first start in right field since the 2006 season and Pat Burrell will make his Giants debut in left field. Yikes. Don’t forget your Maalox, Giants fans.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)