Jun 7, 2010, 5:03 PM EST
For the first time this season Buster Posey will start at catcher for the Giants today, as Bengie Molina gets a sit and Aubrey Huff plays first base.
Signs? Portents? I dunno, but the more flexible Posey is over the next few weeks, the more flexible the Giants will be able to be as they approach the trade deadline.
And one thing is definitely clear: there are way more good-hitting first basemen available right now than anything else, so maybe we’re seeing Posey’s very near future tonight.
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 6
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 3
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 27
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)