Jun 7, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
For the first time this season Buster Posey will start at catcher for the Giants today, as Bengie Molina gets a sit and Aubrey Huff plays first base.
Signs? Portents? I dunno, but the more flexible Posey is over the next few weeks, the more flexible the Giants will be able to be as they approach the trade deadline.
And one thing is definitely clear: there are way more good-hitting first basemen available right now than anything else, so maybe we’re seeing Posey’s very near future tonight.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)