Jun 7, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
For the first time this season Buster Posey will start at catcher for the Giants today, as Bengie Molina gets a sit and Aubrey Huff plays first base.
Signs? Portents? I dunno, but the more flexible Posey is over the next few weeks, the more flexible the Giants will be able to be as they approach the trade deadline.
And one thing is definitely clear: there are way more good-hitting first basemen available right now than anything else, so maybe we’re seeing Posey’s very near future tonight.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)