Jun 7, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
For the first time this season Buster Posey will start at catcher for the Giants today, as Bengie Molina gets a sit and Aubrey Huff plays first base.
Signs? Portents? I dunno, but the more flexible Posey is over the next few weeks, the more flexible the Giants will be able to be as they approach the trade deadline.
And one thing is definitely clear: there are way more good-hitting first basemen available right now than anything else, so maybe we’re seeing Posey’s very near future tonight.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)