Jun 7, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
For the first time this season Buster Posey will start at catcher for the Giants today, as Bengie Molina gets a sit and Aubrey Huff plays first base.
Signs? Portents? I dunno, but the more flexible Posey is over the next few weeks, the more flexible the Giants will be able to be as they approach the trade deadline.
And one thing is definitely clear: there are way more good-hitting first basemen available right now than anything else, so maybe we’re seeing Posey’s very near future tonight.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 27
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)