Jun 7, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
The other day the Chicago Tribune reported that the Angels and Cubs were talking about first baseman Derrek Lee. It’s a trade that makes all kinds of sense, except for two things: the Cubs say there’s “no truth or credibility” to the reports that they’ve talked to the Angels and Lee says he’s not waiving his no-trade clause.
That comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, but the way, which seems far more interested in spinning this story as “look how wrong the Tribune was” as opposed to merely reporting what they know, which seems kind of bush league, but hey, if that’s how they want to roll, roll-on.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (115)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)