Jun 7, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
The other day the Chicago Tribune reported that the Angels and Cubs were talking about first baseman Derrek Lee. It’s a trade that makes all kinds of sense, except for two things: the Cubs say there’s “no truth or credibility” to the reports that they’ve talked to the Angels and Lee says he’s not waiving his no-trade clause.
That comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, but the way, which seems far more interested in spinning this story as “look how wrong the Tribune was” as opposed to merely reporting what they know, which seems kind of bush league, but hey, if that’s how they want to roll, roll-on.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)