Jun 7, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
The other day the Chicago Tribune reported that the Angels and Cubs were talking about first baseman Derrek Lee. It’s a trade that makes all kinds of sense, except for two things: the Cubs say there’s “no truth or credibility” to the reports that they’ve talked to the Angels and Lee says he’s not waiving his no-trade clause.
That comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, but the way, which seems far more interested in spinning this story as “look how wrong the Tribune was” as opposed to merely reporting what they know, which seems kind of bush league, but hey, if that’s how they want to roll, roll-on.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)