Jun 7, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
The other day the Chicago Tribune reported that the Angels and Cubs were talking about first baseman Derrek Lee. It’s a trade that makes all kinds of sense, except for two things: the Cubs say there’s “no truth or credibility” to the reports that they’ve talked to the Angels and Lee says he’s not waiving his no-trade clause.
That comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, but the way, which seems far more interested in spinning this story as “look how wrong the Tribune was” as opposed to merely reporting what they know, which seems kind of bush league, but hey, if that’s how they want to roll, roll-on.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 44
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)