Jun 7, 2010, 8:42 AM EDT
The other day the Chicago Tribune reported that the Angels and Cubs were talking about first baseman Derrek Lee. It’s a trade that makes all kinds of sense, except for two things: the Cubs say there’s “no truth or credibility” to the reports that they’ve talked to the Angels and Lee says he’s not waiving his no-trade clause.
That comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, but the way, which seems far more interested in spinning this story as “look how wrong the Tribune was” as opposed to merely reporting what they know, which seems kind of bush league, but hey, if that’s how they want to roll, roll-on.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)