Jun 7, 2010, 10:33 AM EDT
UPDATE: I’m told that the guy handed the ball back to the kid for
whom it was intended. Can anyone confirm? If so, I must revoke
the “jackass of the week” award and find a more appropriate recipient. Nominations can be made in the comments. Please, nothing related to the Galarraga thing. That’s been beaten to death by now.
10:02 A.M.: The video quality is terrible, but watch this guy at yesterday’s Mets game reach over to steal a ball that David Wright is obviously trying to toss to a kid. And no, it doesn’t make it any better that he gave the ball to his own kid.
I have my issues with the New York tabloids, but if they’re good at one thing they’re good at turning things like these into good old-fashioned public shamings. So get it to it Post and Daily News: I want hi-res pictures and butt-covering quotes from this guy in tomorrow morning’s editions. I know you can do it!
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 26
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)