Jun 7, 2010, 10:33 AM EST
UPDATE: I’m told that the guy handed the ball back to the kid for
whom it was intended. Can anyone confirm? If so, I must revoke
the “jackass of the week” award and find a more appropriate recipient. Nominations can be made in the comments. Please, nothing related to the Galarraga thing. That’s been beaten to death by now.
10:02 A.M.: The video quality is terrible, but watch this guy at yesterday’s Mets game reach over to steal a ball that David Wright is obviously trying to toss to a kid. And no, it doesn’t make it any better that he gave the ball to his own kid.
I have my issues with the New York tabloids, but if they’re good at one thing they’re good at turning things like these into good old-fashioned public shamings. So get it to it Post and Daily News: I want hi-res pictures and butt-covering quotes from this guy in tomorrow morning’s editions. I know you can do it!
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)