Jun 7, 2010, 10:33 AM EDT
UPDATE: I’m told that the guy handed the ball back to the kid for
whom it was intended. Can anyone confirm? If so, I must revoke
the “jackass of the week” award and find a more appropriate recipient. Nominations can be made in the comments. Please, nothing related to the Galarraga thing. That’s been beaten to death by now.
10:02 A.M.: The video quality is terrible, but watch this guy at yesterday’s Mets game reach over to steal a ball that David Wright is obviously trying to toss to a kid. And no, it doesn’t make it any better that he gave the ball to his own kid.
I have my issues with the New York tabloids, but if they’re good at one thing they’re good at turning things like these into good old-fashioned public shamings. So get it to it Post and Daily News: I want hi-res pictures and butt-covering quotes from this guy in tomorrow morning’s editions. I know you can do it!
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)