Jun 7, 2010, 10:23 AM EST
For the second time in as many starts Javier Vazquez was on point: one hit over seven innings with nine strikeouts. More important than the line itself is the fact that he kept the Yankees in a game in which they were being shut down by Brandon
League Morrow, helping the Bombers salvage their lost weekend in Toronto.
Vazquez is 3-2 with a 2.45 ERA in his past five starts and opposing hitters are
batting .171 against him over that time. He still has a ways to go to drag his stats out of the hole he dug for himself early in the season, but the Yankees appear to have finally gotten the starter they thought they were trading for over the winter.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 55
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 212
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (210)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)