Jun 7, 2010, 6:59 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins, who is currently on the disabled list after re-injuring his right calf muscle last month, told Martin Frank of the News Journal that he doesn’t know when he’ll return from the disabled list. At minimum, Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said that he doesn’t expect Rollins back by the start of the team’s next homestand next Thursday.
Rollins is scheduled to head to the team’s spring training facilities in Clearwater, Fla. on Thursday, but he’s not yet ready to play in rehab games. In fact, Rollins hasn’t even begun running at full speed.
There’s concern about what type of player he will be upon his return, but Rollins told Frank that he is prepared to deal with the injury for the rest of his life.
“It’s possible this will linger my whole life,” Rollins said. “I talked
to [former major leaguer Aaron Boone] and he told me
that he blew his out a couple of times. He just wakes up and at times
gets reminded that he did it.”
Rollins has been limited to just 12 of the team’s first 55 games this season.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)