Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
Mike Cameron said he was bringing “sexiness and color” back to the Red Sox outfield. He forgot one other thing: leather.
Witness the great catch he made yesterday afternoon to send the Sox-Orioles game into extra innings. With all due respect to Darnell McDonald, the seemingly effortless way in which Cameron ranged back for that drive to the deepest part of Camden Yards and caught the ball over his shoulder is the reason the Sox went out and snagged him.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)