Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Mike Cameron said he was bringing “sexiness and color” back to the Red Sox outfield. He forgot one other thing: leather.
Witness the great catch he made yesterday afternoon to send the Sox-Orioles game into extra innings. With all due respect to Darnell McDonald, the seemingly effortless way in which Cameron ranged back for that drive to the deepest part of Camden Yards and caught the ball over his shoulder is the reason the Sox went out and snagged him.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)