Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Mike Cameron said he was bringing “sexiness and color” back to the Red Sox outfield. He forgot one other thing: leather.
Witness the great catch he made yesterday afternoon to send the Sox-Orioles game into extra innings. With all due respect to Darnell McDonald, the seemingly effortless way in which Cameron ranged back for that drive to the deepest part of Camden Yards and caught the ball over his shoulder is the reason the Sox went out and snagged him.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)