Jun 7, 2010, 10:45 AM EDT
Mike Cameron said he was bringing “sexiness and color” back to the Red Sox outfield. He forgot one other thing: leather.
Witness the great catch he made yesterday afternoon to send the Sox-Orioles game into extra innings. With all due respect to Darnell McDonald, the seemingly effortless way in which Cameron ranged back for that drive to the deepest part of Camden Yards and caught the ball over his shoulder is the reason the Sox went out and snagged him.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)