Jun 7, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
An awful story from south Florida as a man went on a rampage in a Hialeah restaurant yesterday that left four women dead and three
If I’m talking about it here it’s because there’s a baseball connection. That connection is that the suspect was Gerardo Regalado, half-brother of former Yankees pitcher Orlando Hernandez. Regalado — who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after the assault — was mentioned in profiles of El Duque in the past.
Terrible news regardless of the baseball connection, of course. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their familes.
(note: an earlier version of this post said that the gunman was related to Livan Hernandez as well. This was a mistake. Livan Hernandez and Orlando Hernandez share a father. The gunman and Orlando Hernandez share a mother. Livan and the gunman are not related).
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)