Jun 7, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
An awful story from south Florida as a man went on a rampage in a Hialeah restaurant yesterday that left four women dead and three
If I’m talking about it here it’s because there’s a baseball connection. That connection is that the suspect was Gerardo Regalado, half-brother of former Yankees pitcher Orlando Hernandez. Regalado — who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after the assault — was mentioned in profiles of El Duque in the past.
Terrible news regardless of the baseball connection, of course. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their familes.
(note: an earlier version of this post said that the gunman was related to Livan Hernandez as well. This was a mistake. Livan Hernandez and Orlando Hernandez share a father. The gunman and Orlando Hernandez share a mother. Livan and the gunman are not related).
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)