Jun 7, 2010, 2:10 PM EST
An awful story from south Florida as a man went on a rampage in a Hialeah restaurant yesterday that left four women dead and three
If I’m talking about it here it’s because there’s a baseball connection. That connection is that the suspect was Gerardo Regalado, half-brother of former Yankees pitcher Orlando Hernandez. Regalado — who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after the assault — was mentioned in profiles of El Duque in the past.
Terrible news regardless of the baseball connection, of course. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their familes.
(note: an earlier version of this post said that the gunman was related to Livan Hernandez as well. This was a mistake. Livan Hernandez and Orlando Hernandez share a father. The gunman and Orlando Hernandez share a mother. Livan and the gunman are not related).
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)