Jun 7, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
An awful story from south Florida as a man went on a rampage in a Hialeah restaurant yesterday that left four women dead and three
If I’m talking about it here it’s because there’s a baseball connection. That connection is that the suspect was Gerardo Regalado, half-brother of former Yankees pitcher Orlando Hernandez. Regalado — who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after the assault — was mentioned in profiles of El Duque in the past.
Terrible news regardless of the baseball connection, of course. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their familes.
(note: an earlier version of this post said that the gunman was related to Livan Hernandez as well. This was a mistake. Livan Hernandez and Orlando Hernandez share a father. The gunman and Orlando Hernandez share a mother. Livan and the gunman are not related).
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)