Jun 7, 2010, 2:10 PM EDT
An awful story from south Florida as a man went on a rampage in a Hialeah restaurant yesterday that left four women dead and three
If I’m talking about it here it’s because there’s a baseball connection. That connection is that the suspect was Gerardo Regalado, half-brother of former Yankees pitcher Orlando Hernandez. Regalado — who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound after the assault — was mentioned in profiles of El Duque in the past.
Terrible news regardless of the baseball connection, of course. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their familes.
(note: an earlier version of this post said that the gunman was related to Livan Hernandez as well. This was a mistake. Livan Hernandez and Orlando Hernandez share a father. The gunman and Orlando Hernandez share a mother. Livan and the gunman are not related).
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)