Programming Note: Power rankings will be kicked a day

Jun 7, 2010, 3:22 PM EDT

technical difficulties.pngIt takes some time to get the Power Rankings together, and time is one thing I didn’t really have a ton of this morning and early afternoon for various reasons.  Accordingly, “Your Monday Afternoon Power Rankings” will appear tomorrow morning under their pseudonym: “Your Tuesday Morning Power Rankings.”

That is if this afternoon’s Cubs-Pirates game doesn’t singlehandedly shift the entire balance of power in Major League Baseball.

1. BC - Jun 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Nice graphic. Here’s another good one.

2. Mr,. Turkentine - Jun 7, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I’ve just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we’ve learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn’t matter in the slightest.

3. Paul Martin - Jun 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM

What is your problem? All you do is rank Tampa first, the Yankees second and use your personal biases for the remaining teams. It does not matter to you that the Jays held their own when playing the Yankees and the Rays, you will still blindly rank them below the Red Sox.

4. Craig Calcaterra - Jun 7, 2010 at 4:23 PM

You know so much for a man who hasn’t seen my power rankings yet this week. Of course based on the fact that you rarely offer anything but bitter responses about the rankings, let me guess what you’ll say:
    If I have the Jays behind the Sox and/or Yankees: “You’re a big biased tool who lives to suck the wang of the entire east coast.”
    If I have the Jays higher than the Sox: “You’re a big biased tool who lives to suck the wang of the entire east coast, except when someone complains and then you change your mind because you’re a big spineless tool too, and besides I don’t think you’ve really accepted the Blue Jays as your savior yet, so just like stop catering to us, OK?”
    How far off am I?

5. Simon DelMonte - Jun 7, 2010 at 4:48 PM

It’s in Revelations!!

6. Adrian K - Jun 7, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Ah, even I misplace my sang froid occasionally Craig.
    Bring on the story of the Pirates and the Nat’s as they power up the rankings.

7. Paul Martin - Jun 7, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Way off Craig! I do not use profanities or near profanities.

8. Old Gator - Jun 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Face it, Craig – the power rankings are always late because you hate doing them. But we understand: now that you have a beautiful blonde to hang around with, what’s the attraction of a bunch of cockamamie statistics anyway? I think if you just dropped the power rankings and made sure to put up a HBT Extra every morning, no one would notice them gone, you would have the gratitude of professional oglers everywhere (especially the graying eminences among them), and the only thing Paul Martin would have to complain about is that reject Star Trek set from which you broadcast.

9. Charles Gates - Jun 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Please tell me you’re a Jays fan. Please, please, pleeeeease. I’m really hoping that I can get a good dose of irony tonight.

10. Paul Martin - Jun 7, 2010 at 10:31 PM

Hi Charles. Of course I am a Jays fan. On Saturday, I sat behind home plate for 14 innings when the Jays defeated the Yankees. Romero outpitched Pettitte. A certain over paid Yankee first baseman covered himself with glory by striking out 5 times.

Colby-on-Colby crime in Toronto