Jun 7, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
The Tigers announced that shortstop Adam Everett will be designated for assignment tomorrow and Danny Worth will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to back up Ramon Santiago.
Everett was an offensive liability last year, hitting a mere .238/.288/.325 in 345 at-bats. This year he’s been even worse, pinching off a line of .185/.241/.247. Yes, his defense is still good, but it’s not otherworldy like it used to be.
Everett probably still has enough leather to catch on as a utility guy someplace, but his comments after the move was announced — “I’ll wait and see what happens. If nothing does, I’ve
had a good career” — suggest that he doesn’t particularly mind if that doesn’t come to pass.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)