Jun 7, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
The Tigers announced that shortstop Adam Everett will be designated for assignment tomorrow and Danny Worth will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to back up Ramon Santiago.
Everett was an offensive liability last year, hitting a mere .238/.288/.325 in 345 at-bats. This year he’s been even worse, pinching off a line of .185/.241/.247. Yes, his defense is still good, but it’s not otherworldy like it used to be.
Everett probably still has enough leather to catch on as a utility guy someplace, but his comments after the move was announced — “I’ll wait and see what happens. If nothing does, I’ve
had a good career” — suggest that he doesn’t particularly mind if that doesn’t come to pass.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)