Jun 7, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
The Tigers announced that shortstop Adam Everett will be designated for assignment tomorrow and Danny Worth will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to back up Ramon Santiago.
Everett was an offensive liability last year, hitting a mere .238/.288/.325 in 345 at-bats. This year he’s been even worse, pinching off a line of .185/.241/.247. Yes, his defense is still good, but it’s not otherworldy like it used to be.
Everett probably still has enough leather to catch on as a utility guy someplace, but his comments after the move was announced — “I’ll wait and see what happens. If nothing does, I’ve
had a good career” — suggest that he doesn’t particularly mind if that doesn’t come to pass.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)