Jun 7, 2010, 9:22 AM EST
The Tigers announced that shortstop Adam Everett will be designated for assignment tomorrow and Danny Worth will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to back up Ramon Santiago.
Everett was an offensive liability last year, hitting a mere .238/.288/.325 in 345 at-bats. This year he’s been even worse, pinching off a line of .185/.241/.247. Yes, his defense is still good, but it’s not otherworldy like it used to be.
Everett probably still has enough leather to catch on as a utility guy someplace, but his comments after the move was announced — “I’ll wait and see what happens. If nothing does, I’ve
had a good career” — suggest that he doesn’t particularly mind if that doesn’t come to pass.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 73
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)