Jun 7, 2010, 9:22 AM EDT
The Tigers announced that shortstop Adam Everett will be designated for assignment tomorrow and Danny Worth will be recalled from Triple-A Toledo to back up Ramon Santiago.
Everett was an offensive liability last year, hitting a mere .238/.288/.325 in 345 at-bats. This year he’s been even worse, pinching off a line of .185/.241/.247. Yes, his defense is still good, but it’s not otherworldy like it used to be.
Everett probably still has enough leather to catch on as a utility guy someplace, but his comments after the move was announced — “I’ll wait and see what happens. If nothing does, I’ve
had a good career” — suggest that he doesn’t particularly mind if that doesn’t come to pass.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)