Jun 7, 2010, 12:13 PM EDT
Buster Olney passes along word that the White Sox have told “multiple executives” that they are “open for business” and are ready to deal anyone and everyone.
That includes Paul Konerko, Olney says, and certainly includes the players that have already been mentioned as possible trade chits in the past few weeks, such as A.J. Pierzynski, Mark Buehrle, Bobby Jenks, J.J. Putz and others.
The Sox had better hurry on Pierzynski and Buehrle, though: the former achieved ten-and-five status in a week, and the latter does so on July 6th, meaning either of them can block trades after that. Konerko has been a ten and five guy forever, but (a) he’s a free-agent-to-be; and (b) you have to wonder if he wouldn’t want to be part of a winner since he’s likely moving on anyway.
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 11
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 26
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 30
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (111)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)