Jun 8, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Ok, I really should stop calling it Strasmas. For one thing, it’s been beaten to death by now. For another thing, Gleeman is Jewish so it would only be fair for us to make a couple of Strasukkah references. For that matter I’m pretty sure Pouliot celebrates Strasivus, so maybe the whole holiday meme should just end. But I digress.
The point is that tonight Drew Silva — himself a Strasnzaa celebrant — is going to be doing inning-by-inning updates of The Anointed One’s debut. The thread will turn into a nice community repository of your Strasburg observations which, once it is over, we will print out, lay in the cornerstone of a nice public building and forget about for a few hundred years. When it’s finally dug up our descendants will have a nice laugh over how quaint baseball was before the alien barrier was broken and we let pitchers with eight fingers and two heads into the game.
Anyway, the thread will be popping up around 6:30 PM Eastern. First one to comment wins the imaginary calculator Darren Rovell used to figure out how much each Stephen Strasburg start contributes to the Nats’ bottom line.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)