Jun 8, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Ok, I really should stop calling it Strasmas. For one thing, it’s been beaten to death by now. For another thing, Gleeman is Jewish so it would only be fair for us to make a couple of Strasukkah references. For that matter I’m pretty sure Pouliot celebrates Strasivus, so maybe the whole holiday meme should just end. But I digress.
The point is that tonight Drew Silva — himself a Strasnzaa celebrant — is going to be doing inning-by-inning updates of The Anointed One’s debut. The thread will turn into a nice community repository of your Strasburg observations which, once it is over, we will print out, lay in the cornerstone of a nice public building and forget about for a few hundred years. When it’s finally dug up our descendants will have a nice laugh over how quaint baseball was before the alien barrier was broken and we let pitchers with eight fingers and two heads into the game.
Anyway, the thread will be popping up around 6:30 PM Eastern. First one to comment wins the imaginary calculator Darren Rovell used to figure out how much each Stephen Strasburg start contributes to the Nats’ bottom line.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 42
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 92
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)