Jun 8, 2010, 4:20 PM EST
Ok, I really should stop calling it Strasmas. For one thing, it’s been beaten to death by now. For another thing, Gleeman is Jewish so it would only be fair for us to make a couple of Strasukkah references. For that matter I’m pretty sure Pouliot celebrates Strasivus, so maybe the whole holiday meme should just end. But I digress.
The point is that tonight Drew Silva — himself a Strasnzaa celebrant — is going to be doing inning-by-inning updates of The Anointed One’s debut. The thread will turn into a nice community repository of your Strasburg observations which, once it is over, we will print out, lay in the cornerstone of a nice public building and forget about for a few hundred years. When it’s finally dug up our descendants will have a nice laugh over how quaint baseball was before the alien barrier was broken and we let pitchers with eight fingers and two heads into the game.
Anyway, the thread will be popping up around 6:30 PM Eastern. First one to comment wins the imaginary calculator Darren Rovell used to figure out how much each Stephen Strasburg start contributes to the Nats’ bottom line.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 23
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 96
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (96)