Jun 8, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT
Ok, I really should stop calling it Strasmas. For one thing, it’s been beaten to death by now. For another thing, Gleeman is Jewish so it would only be fair for us to make a couple of Strasukkah references. For that matter I’m pretty sure Pouliot celebrates Strasivus, so maybe the whole holiday meme should just end. But I digress.
The point is that tonight Drew Silva — himself a Strasnzaa celebrant – is going to be doing inning-by-inning updates of The Anointed One’s debut. The thread will turn into a nice community repository of your Strasburg observations which, once it is over, we will print out, lay in the cornerstone of a nice public building and forget about for a few hundred years. When it’s finally dug up our descendants will have a nice laugh over how quaint baseball was before the alien barrier was broken and we let pitchers with eight fingers and two heads into the game.
Anyway, the thread will be popping up around 6:30 PM Eastern. First one to comment wins the imaginary calculator Darren Rovell used to figure out how much each Stephen Strasburg start contributes to the Nats’ bottom line.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)