Jun 8, 2010, 11:15 AM EDT
The Mets drafted UNC pitcher named Matt Harvey in the first round last night. The thing he’s most notable for among people who don’t follow the draft or the college game all that closely (i.e. the vast majority of us) is that on April 23rd he threw 157 pitches.
Here’s the deep thought: is it more worrisome that he threw 157 pitches in a game, or is it more impressive that he threw the 157th pitch at 96 miles per hour?
People who know more than I do about such things like the pick and compare him favorably to Mike Pelfrey, which is a good thing these days. I’m mostly just wondering if the Mets have found themselves a workhorse.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8