Jun 8, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
In the last week Jason Heyward’s OPS has dipped about .100 points as he has become mired in a 3 for 32 slump. In that same week he has surged into second place in the All-Star vote totals among NL outfielders and is within striking distance of current leader Ryan Braun.
Given the ascension of Strasburg and Stanton and the draft of Bryce Harper I’m surprised people still remember a tired old warhorse like Heyward anymore, but it’s nice to see him get his props before he’s forced into retirement.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)