Jun 8, 2010, 5:17 PM EST
In the last week Jason Heyward’s OPS has dipped about .100 points as he has become mired in a 3 for 32 slump. In that same week he has surged into second place in the All-Star vote totals among NL outfielders and is within striking distance of current leader Ryan Braun.
Given the ascension of Strasburg and Stanton and the draft of Bryce Harper I’m surprised people still remember a tired old warhorse like Heyward anymore, but it’s nice to see him get his props before he’s forced into retirement.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)