Jun 8, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
In the last week Jason Heyward’s OPS has dipped about .100 points as he has become mired in a 3 for 32 slump. In that same week he has surged into second place in the All-Star vote totals among NL outfielders and is within striking distance of current leader Ryan Braun.
Given the ascension of Strasburg and Stanton and the draft of Bryce Harper I’m surprised people still remember a tired old warhorse like Heyward anymore, but it’s nice to see him get his props before he’s forced into retirement.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)