Jun 8, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
In the last week Jason Heyward’s OPS has dipped about .100 points as he has become mired in a 3 for 32 slump. In that same week he has surged into second place in the All-Star vote totals among NL outfielders and is within striking distance of current leader Ryan Braun.
Given the ascension of Strasburg and Stanton and the draft of Bryce Harper I’m surprised people still remember a tired old warhorse like Heyward anymore, but it’s nice to see him get his props before he’s forced into retirement.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 3
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 23
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 6
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (156)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)