Jun 8, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
In the last week Jason Heyward’s OPS has dipped about .100 points as he has become mired in a 3 for 32 slump. In that same week he has surged into second place in the All-Star vote totals among NL outfielders and is within striking distance of current leader Ryan Braun.
Given the ascension of Strasburg and Stanton and the draft of Bryce Harper I’m surprised people still remember a tired old warhorse like Heyward anymore, but it’s nice to see him get his props before he’s forced into retirement.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48